looking for some at home excercises

kendradl
kendradl Posts: 595 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
When my husband is home I am free to go to the gym but when he is gone on the road I am unable to go to the gym so I am in need of some good excercises I can do with what I have in my home. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I suggest getting some DVD's to follow along with. I do the 30DS and also Hip Hop Abs. I love both. I also play on the wii fit if you have one of those!?! or going for walks, treadmill, running up & down the stairs, cleaning vigorously (mopping, vaccuuming, dusting) etc.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    I live by tony horton one on one dvds. There are a bunch ow workouts where you can use bands that pack in your suitcase as well as cardio you can do in your hotel room. Good stuff.
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    WomensHealth.com and fitnessmagazine.com have good workouts and plenty to search through that can be done at home. Also exercisetv.com has videos etc or if you have cable on demand will have free workouts. :0)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    If you have cable TV, go to On Demand. They have a "sports & fitness" section that includes excercise TV with TONS of FREE workouts. I've become addicted to it as I love the diversity- I can't get bored! :)
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Do you have a Wii? The wii fit has some good stuff too.
  • I recommend DVD's and mix it up so you dont get bored. I have a library of them and when I get bored I know I have others. I also use the WII go for walks with my dogs and run my neighborhood. You can do crunches, squats and lunges while you watch tv in the evening (also stretch at night). Be creative with what you have and you will find results!!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Unfortunatly No Wii and no cable so those options are out. But I do actually have some excercise DVD's that I bought quite a while back, that I totally forgot I had, imagine that. Should probably dust those off and put them to good use. I will also check out the websites. Great Ideas - Thanks!!!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    I live by tony horton one on one dvds. There are a bunch ow workouts where you can use bands that pack in your suitcase as well as cardio you can do in your hotel room. Good stuff.

Murf gave two great ideas. I've been doing the P90 workouts at home, since my wife uses our car and I have a motorcycle (not cool going to the gym, getting all hot and sweaty, and then having to put all my gear back on). Doing those videos for a month, and using MFP, has allowed me to lose 10 pounds and 1.5 inches...maybe 2...off my waist. The resistance bands are great, since you can pack them up easily and take them where ever you are. I just took them on a week and a half long trip, along with my P90 videos, and still got my workouts in.

The Wii is also a great idea for at home. My wife loves using it, and I'll join in whenever I need a chance in workout or just wanted a fun way to burn a few extra calories.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I agree with the others about using dvds. I've been doing Turbo Fire for the last 18 weeks and have lost 17 lbs. It's a really fun program!

Sharon
This discussion has been closed.