P90X - are one of the days just cardio?

ClaireElanB
ClaireElanB Posts: 94 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am beginning the P90x routine - Day 1 down - but I have a hardcore hike I love to do once a week & would like to integrate it into the P90X schedule.
Is there a cardio day in the schedule, when instead of the video I could go & do my 750 calorie burning hike instead (like plyometrics or Kenpo, whatever they are!)?
Thanks!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    I would replace Kenpo with your hike. I hardley burn much doing Kenpo
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    I agree I don't like Kenpo, so I run. But, you basically have two cardio days (day two is plyometrics it's awesome don't skip it) and a yoga day. I always did cardio X on yoga days I don't care for yoga.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    i use to do zumba and kempo x in one day.
    I don't like the yoga either, which is what i'm suppose ot do today.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    I think I'm going to replace my yoga with something else. I did it this morning and we it not for joint pain (unrelated to working out) I woudlnt' have felt a thing.
  • Agreed, just replace it with kenpo x. I feel that is the easiest P90X workout, and kind of silly to be honest. I now to plyo twice a week instead of kenpo.

But try to keep yoga, and or stretch x. Don't neglect those, they are some important. Most people feel like stretching isn't all that important.

Or of course you could be extreme and just do plyo and the hike on the same day? 'Bring it!'
  • I think I'm going to replace my yoga with something else. I did it this morning and we it not for joint pain (unrelated to working out) I woudlnt' have felt a thing.

Replace it was stretch x. Stretching is so important in the P90X program and any fitness program!
  • I do Zumba in addition to my P90X workout, so I have 2 days where I get in a double workout. I see nothing wrong with burning some extra calories. I just make sure to eat enough calories to compensate so my body doesn't freak out on me.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    I would consider swapping your hike for plyo. Reason being, if you are going on a hike, you need fresh legs. Kenpo comes right after "Legs & Back" and your legs may not feel like hiking on day 6!
  • ClaireElanB
    Awesome! Thanks guys! Kenpo it is :)
    I was looking forward to yoga because I love power yoga - is the P90x yoga like power or ashtanga yoga, or do you guys not like it because its a boring version of yoga?
  • ClaireElanB
    aweigh - good point. Hmmmm. Maybe I can swap the days :)
This discussion has been closed.