Is there anyone else that........

Options
So what I am wondering is that if there is anyone else that logs out their day in their diary that morning so they have it already planned out ????? I tend to do this bacause I usually know what supper will be so I kind of plan my calories around that but am I setting myself up for failure at some point ??? I try to stick with what I put down and not modify it too much after that!!!! SUCCESS OR FAILURE WAITING TO HAPPEN:huh:

Replies

• runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So what I am wondering is that if there is anyone else that logs out their day in their diary that morning so they have it already planned out ????? I tend to do this bacause I usually know what supper will be so I kind of plan my calories around that but am I setting myself up for failure at some point ??? I try to stick with what I put down and not modify it too much after that!!!! SUCCESS OR FAILURE WAITING TO HAPPEN:huh:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I do that too. It helps me keep track of what I'm going to eat and how much exercise I need to do to eat what I want.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i think alot of folks do this as a way to keep themselves within the boundaries. ITs a good thing to help you refuse things that are offered during the day. "nope, its not on my list today, so i just have to pass'
    that way you dont end up with a surprise and only have 50 cals left for dinner!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I think its a good way to plan...and no I don't think you're setting yourself up for failure....If something changes you just change it too!!!

OR if you know you're eating over what you had...step up the exercise....its bad when you forget to put the whole day and have to go back and try to recount it:noway: for me anyway!:wink:

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I have been on this site for 1 week today and so far have lost 2 lbs. I will continue to do my diary every morning and make changes as the come because I guess like they say life is about change! Thanks again-
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is the way I do it everyday. I usually plan the nite before. I am amazed at all I do get to eat so I am rarely hungry. I break it up to 6 small meals a day since we do not get lunch time at work. I just eat at my desk. :grumble: This is working for me so far.:drinker:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't every day, but when I know I will exercise a lot or have a special dinner, I will preplan to be sure I am in limits. I do want to get good at estimating because I will be travelling and may not have access to log. So I am hoping to build long term eating skills!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do it pretty often. Sometimes dinner changes a little by the time I get to the end of my day but my breakfast, lunch and snacks are always planned out (I have to pack them in the morning before work might as well log them then!). I also use it to help encourage myself to push a little harder when I exercise, that way I have a few calories to spare for a little treat at the end of the day!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I log in everything during the day and then before I go home add dinner and whatever snacks I think I might have. Then I print it out and take it home so that if it changes, I just change it on the paper to make sure I am still within the calories, etc.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too.

Only i pretty much eat the same things in the same amounts every day. Pretty boring but i know what to expect.

Fridays are BBQ day here so i adjust a little so i can have me some steak if im in the mood. ( i would have had my normal but the little guy who runs the stir fry is off )

1.5 cups chicken breast mushrooms green beans or broccoli and 1/2 cup pasta or rice Every day 2x a day. like i said BORING but easy to calculate.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I log in every morning that I can do it--it has really helped me!