sad- plz dont bash me

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I wrote a blog about exactly this a little while ago, no answers in it, but you aren't alone :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Alatariel75/view/hard-to-feel-accomplished-659454
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    You start from wherever you are.

You can either start your diet and exercise from where you are now and beat yourself up about the past,

or you can start your diet and exercise from where you are now and not beat yourself up about the past.

Either way, you have to take the same steps to succeed in dieting *now*, so why burn the energy worrying about the past? Just dig into the current project and forget all that past stuff.
  • betomxl
    betomxl Posts: 10
    Options
    como dice mi abuela, el que no empieza no termina.... (no one finish with out starting)

you are on your way
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    You will get there! Just take it one day at a time :) We all have to learn from our mistakes. I recently took a huge step backwards also but got right back at it!
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    We all gain and lose and feel bad and happy. It is definitely a day to day, sometimes hour to hour, thing for me too.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Give yourself smaller goals, 20 lbs, then another 20 then another. I found that looking at the bigger picture was overwhelming. Little steps and just keep moving forward.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that said mini goals. I set my weight loss goal initially to the weight I was when I met my hubby. Figured I'd like to be at that point. Even though I was over weight at that point. Now that I'm at that point I'm setting a new loss goal.

Less overwhelming than thinking about the whole amount for me anyhow. Believe me, when you're half way, you will probably be thrilled at how far you've come, not overwhelmed with how far is left.
  • emelin31
    Options
    what is the secret to your awesome weight loss? I know there is no magic but any tips will be great. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! At the beginning of the year, I had lost like 20lbs and I've already gained it back. So now, I am starting again thinking that if I would have just kept going, I would be so close to my goal weight.

Oh well, it makes me evaluate the way I am losing weight and making myself do things that are actually sustainable for long-term goals.
  • Shaquana2
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. The same thing happened to me i just got back on the band wagon and thats what you have to do as well. You know what to do you did it before, just as much dedication that you did before. You can do it
  • Candi35
    Candi35 Posts: 1
    Options
    It happens and I must say it has happened to me also, but I think of it as a learning process. It takes time to build new habits especially when it is bad habits we are trying to change. I have tried everything and I have had success and failure, but I am right back where I started. My best advice is to keep going and take it one day at a time. We all will have bad days and all we can do is keep pushing forward and try to find what works for you.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    What's the saying?
    Q: how do you eat an elephant?
    A: one bite at a time

Maybe a bad analogy for a weight-loss dilemma, but you get the picture - set small goals. Thinking big can get overwhelming. Start with a clean slate and rely on your MFP community for support. You can do this.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I sure know that feeling. I spent my entire adult life going up and down and up on the scale. Focusing on small, achievable goals always helps pull me out of it. All we can really do is learn from our experiences and move forward down a more productive path. :flowerforyou:
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    makes me sad that i still have 17 more pounds to go before i get back to the weight i was at the LAST time i started my jouney, and 57 more to get back to where i was when i got off track :( im gonna never to this to myself again.
    that's on top of the 13 i ALREADY lost, then i have to lose another 60 after i get back to where i was. grand total of 130 pounds i need to lose. UGH!!!

Personally, I think you`re doing fantastic.

Weight loss is the same as a person wanting a big bench press. It doesn't happen fast. But taking it one day at a time and doing all the right things along the way, it can and will happen. You just have to want it.

Learn to have fun with it, and don`t torture and beat up on yourself about it. Make it a fun journey of small gains and goals. I see it just like sports. Go for a winning season, but win it one game at a time.

Stay Strong......
  • geneva042
    Options
    I HATE the fact you have to say ''dont bash me'' in your title :(

don't give up! you're doing great :)

one step at the time
  • changingL1sa
    changingL1sa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Take it one step at a time! You did it once, you can do it again!
  • kentwhale
    kentwhale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to this. I have lost 18 lbs which is great but I am still 4 lbs above what I was when I last decided to lose some weight (after struggling to do up the seat belt on a plane) and 24 lbs above what I was the time before that when I lost weight. Each time I have lost I put it all back on & then some. This time I am determined I will get to a healthy weight gradually & by the time I get there I should have learned enough to keep me there. The thing is I only relate to these numbers to keep me focused on getting to my next goal, I am not letting them get me down. Just focus on each day/week & move on from there. Good luck.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    keep on keepin' on
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Set small goals for yourself. As you achieve them, you will become motivated and feel more positive about what you're doing. Shoot for 10 lbs at a time. That way it's not so overwhelming. Each time you lose 10 lbs you'll achieve a goal and be closer to the overall goal. The time is going to go by anyway, might as well get started now.
  • knitknitknit
    knitknitknit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating, it sucks and I totally understand where you're coming from. Just keep your head up and eventually you'll get there.