Stop buying cars

Options
Jacwhite22
Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
It's much cheaper and better for you to just walk. Not only do you not have to pay for gas/maintenance/etc, you will be more fit as well.

Replies

• rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You're trolling right? You do realize that most people don't live near stores or their jobs right?
  • MichaelDByers
    Options
    I live 52 miles from work. And, I LOOOOOOVE cars. So, I can't take your advice. ;)
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Not if I have to be somewhere that's 100 miles away or if I gotta pick somebody up, I ain't no superhuman
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Dont joke Jac...Obama wants us to have Lightrails! lol
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    are you friends with that guy who always manages to bring up "lighting gasoline in tin boxes" in topics that have nothing to do with cars?
  • onlystavros
    Options
    I have to use my car for work and it sometimes involves me driving long distances. Living without one would be impractical due to the amount of stuff I have to lug around in my car. I'd turn up at clients houses looking like a pack mule....and probably smelling like one too.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I work at a car dealership...so no.
  • SRDB00
    SRDB00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My job is one hour and 15 minutes driving one way so I wonder how long that will take to walk :noway:
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Great idea, my 25.7 mile/50 min commute would only take 8 hours and 26 min by walking according to Google. That's a great way to get my exercise calories in!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My wife's grandmother in Missouri is gonna be waiting a long time if she thinks we're going to walk a 16-month and a 7-year old child the 1000 miles to visit her. Or are you giving piggyback rides to entire families now? Are you going to need bathroom breaks, or will you be walking straight through?

Maybe you can haul a family's weekly groceries on your back from the store to our house while you're at it.

While you're at it, I'm gonna need some stuff from Home Depot. Just some 2x4's, a new bathroom vanity and maybe a dishwasher. Let me know when you're ready to go pick them up and carry them from the store to our place on foot.

Should I be waiting by the phone for your call, or is that too "20th century" for you?

Seriously? This is beyond trolling and well into full-on insanity....
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My job is one hour and 15 minutes driving one way so I wonder how long that will take to walk :noway:

It sounds like your car owns *you*! :tongue:

KIDDING!

(That's a line from a movie, but for the life of me I can't remember which) :smile:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    As an oil industry worker, I have to say that I dislike you for this thread.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I SEE WHAT U DID THERE :flowerforyou: :laugh:
    983t3uuh.gif
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I drive approximately 30,000 miles per year.
    At a pace of 3 mph, that would take 10,000 hours to walk.
    There are 8,760 hours in a year.
    The math just doesn't help me out here.
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have to use my car for work and it sometimes involves me driving long distances. Living without one would be impractical due to the amount of stuff I have to lug around in my car. I'd turn up at clients houses looking like a pack mule....and probably smelling like one too.

This is....great lol
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That's gonna make my 57 mile commute really, really suck
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's gonna make my 57 mile commute really, really suck

On the bright side, you will likely have been fired for not showing up on time before you get there. So you'll only have to do it once.