Plastic Surgery Brides

Options
Okay so I finished my PX90 Plyo workout took a shower and turn on the TV to this show called Plastic Surgery Brides on E! LOL if you only saw how rediculous some of these woman who were basically fit but wanted work done to be the perfect bride. This was the craziest part..the host Shanna Moakler had told one of the contestants "Im sorry we have to let you go. Your wedding might be special to you but not Perfect" Isnt
That nuts...These woman just need a big hug from Bluediesel and join our family on myfitnesspal.com The Media Is Crap...oh well thats my quarter,nickel, and two cents

Replies

• blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What a horrible concept for a show. Geeezus.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    But, it got you talking!!!!

It's pretty much all fake anyways.....

Move to LA and you won't believe anything you see on TV again!

(I just looked and you live close to LA!!!!)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My husband told me about that show. He finds these bridal shows hilarious. Too perfect of an example of how crazy some women can be. I haven't watched this show yet, but Bridezillas is pretty entertaining.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    guilty pleasure.
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    I forget which celebrity made this comment but it went something like this; in Hollywood you are looked more down on for being overweight than to be a drug addict. I think it was Kelly Osbourne when she was telling her weight loss struggles and how she was ridiculed for being so overweight, not completely sure though.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i've seen the show and am appalled that something like that is allowed to air on national television. what a joke.
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    "Bridalplasty" is the name of the show. I was flipping through channels last night and stumbled upon it. Absolutely disgusting!

I did see a commercial for another show called "shedding for the wedding" which could be a healthier get-pretty-for-your-wedding type show.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I was home sick yesterday and Dr. Phil actually had 3 of the ladies from the show on his show, I just couldn't believe what was coming out of their mouths they were so excited to go to a Botox party, r u freakin kidding me. Whoever 'wins' if you can call it that gets a wedding of their dreams and their husbands to be get to meet their new wives for the first time when he lifts their veil on their wedding day!!!!

I think there are many other more important things in the world that could be discussed on TV besides some plastic surgery show.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    My thought when I heard about Bridalplasty is whether their husband-to-be will still want them after they alter themselves that much, especially if they have facial work done.
  • bsweettt
    Options
    the whole concept of this show absolutely DISGUSTS me.. is this honestly what things have come down to? Everyone has to look like friken barbie to please their mates? I just want to punch every person involved in making these shows possible. With women already feeling as *****y as they do in times like now, I can't imagine how much more this is making them feel down.. so disgusting. So infuriating! All of these shows just baffle and infuriate me! None of it is realistic!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I disagree ALOT with some of you, nicely of course. :)

ya, its some faked out hollywood show, but I am sure their husbands could really care less about them getting the surgery. none of them proposed AFTER the show was cast. Alot of insecure, wanna be Barbies - yes I agree.

BUT - I think it is more for themselves. If you dont like it, dont watch :)
  • tater8589
    Options
    Yeah, I've seen the adds for the show... I have a few body image issues and would 'like' one area to be surgically altered-- however, I feel that I still had a great wedding and looked good.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, disgusting.
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I saw that last night, and I was disgusted. Such a sad statement and example of how women should feel. The media is so harsh on self esteem. And they wonder why 12 year old girls are starving themselves in this country.

Dr. Phil had on a similar topic yesterday too?! He's a moron.

There are plenty of great examples on here of women who embraced being healthy and ended up looking good on their wedding day not only through the hard work of MFP but because they loved themselves too!! These poor women are self loathing and plastic surgery can't fix you on the inside.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I saw that last night, and I was disgusted. Such a sad statement and example of how women should feel. The media is so harsh on self esteem. And they wonder why 12 year old girls are starving themselves in this country.

Dr. Phil had on a similar topic yesterday too?! He's a moron.

There are plenty of great examples on here of women who embraced being healthy and ended up looking good on their wedding day not only through the hard work of MFP but because they loved themselves too!! These poor women are self loathing and plastic surgery can't fix you on the inside.

Dr. Phil's show was about what they were thinking, who in their right mind would do something like that. He was not supporting the show.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I think it is really sad that they can't love themselves for who they are and what they look like. It makes me think they should have a show with these same girls but make it about how they should like themselves they way they are. Will a new nose really make you happy? I don't think it will ladies.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well, years ago there was "Extreme Makeover" (long before "Home Edition") and "The Swan" which were both plastic surgery shows. "The Swan" even had some kind of beauty pageant at the end. The only positive thing I can say about those two shows is that while the people were recovering from their surgeries, they taught them healthy eating habits and made them work out with a trainer every day (once the stiff healed that would prevent them from working out).

I think surgery is taking the easy way out, and you don't learn anything from liposuction. But I do understand if you have some kind of issue that prevents you from doing what you love. None of this for-your-wedding business.
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    I wonder if Ryan Seacrest created this show like the Kardashians lol
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Again, another reason why I'm glad I don't have cable.

KILL YOUR TV! =P
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    Fine but can I keep netflix at least? They have documentaries!! haha