Banking Calories

Options
I know that you are supposed to eat all of your calories for the day, but we are having a cookout tomorrow, and I am afraid I will go over my cals. . . does anyone out there ever cut back a little the day before and after a spurge to make up the difference?!?!?!
18529.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know that you are supposed to eat all of your calories for the day, but we are having a cookout tomorrow, and I am afraid I will go over my cals. . . does anyone out there ever cut back a little the day before and after a spurge to make up the difference?!?!?!
    18529.png
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I don't, but i'm not as stricked as most...

I'm out drinking tonight and i'm not bothered about the extra calories, we have to enjoy life too

Al
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    18529.png

i also have the same question as you.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Calories don't rollover.... Calories are by the day... So if you think of it that way maybe it'll help you. Pretty much no, it doesn't work that way. lol If you want to splurge then do so... If you want to stay somewhat within ya calories execerise extra tomorrow.. If I know I'm going to a big dinner or out to drink, I do extra in my workout to burn so I have some to eat up.... otherwise I count it a cheat day and move on.

Seems like most people have one cheat day a week... I don't think it'll hurt to much. Just get back on track tomorrow. Good Luck! and have fun at the BBQ!
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    The only way to really "make up" for it is extra exercise .... do something extra physical today and you should be ok.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Throw in an extra workout and try not to worry about it, we all have days where going over in cals is inevitable.