How to log in strenght training

What is the best way to log strength training? I see that you can go to each exercise and put in weight and reps, but seems like there should be a simpler way. So say if I did my eliptical warm up and the worked upper body and abs and the whole work out took 1.5 hours, how do you account for that?

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    I actually never log my exercise into MFP. It usually isnt very accurate and there really is no way of knowing your calorie urn without a Heart Rate Monitor. Just start with around 2000 calories as a male 1600 calories as a female and if you lose weight then stay there. If you gain then go down 100 and see what happens
  • bezerkus
    bezerkus Posts: 79 Member
    When tracking it in the strength training side it seems to be mostly to log your progress with weights, but I use the cardiovascular side as I just want to estimate my calorie burn and if I did it or not- not really into tracking how much I can lift as my weight training increases with how I feel at that time.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Unfortunately MFP is garbage for tracking anything but the most basic of lifting programs, and the calorie burn for weight lifting under cardio is wildly inaccurate at best.

I use Jefit to track my lifting progress because that's what it's designed to do. Unfortunately, Jefit doesn't integrate with MFP at all, so you're going to be stuck tracking things with two different apps.