Almost One Year

Options
This time last year I kept seeing pictures of myself and this was one of the critical ones that started my brain thinking about doing something about reversing all the damage I had been doing to my body. It was my first time kayaking - I never thought I could fit into a kayak. Discovered Sit On Top kayaks at a resort where we were staying and also discovered (no surprise) that I loved kayaking.
wcnsl5rl.jpg

With the love of kayaking came the realization that we needed to purchase our own kayaks and found some lovely sit on tops. They are the most stable kayaks so no problem fitting in (or on as the case may be) but I still needed to do something about my weight.

My brother had lost a lot using MFP and finally older sister started to listen to him, wandered in and started logging my food every day, weighing measuring and slowly and surely over the course of several months lost 30+ pounds. I backed off from being super diligent and was NOT rewarded with a 4 pound gain.

So here I am last weekend with my darling husband in our own kayaks -- I am much happier with these kayaking pictures and plan to work hard so that next summer will be even better. Even at almost 60 we can do this!!

wdSAmAtl.jpg?1

Joanne

Replies

• Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok not sure why the pics aren't showing BRB LOL
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    This time last year I kept seeing pictures of myself and this was one of the critical ones that started my brain thinking about doing something about reversing all the damage I had been doing to my body. It was my first time kayaking - I never thought I could fit into a kayak. Discovered Sit On Top kayaks at a resort where we were staying and also discovered (no surprise) that I loved kayaking.
    wcnsl5r.jpg

With the love of kayaking came the realization that we needed to purchase our own kayaks and found some lovely sit on tops. They are the most stable kayaks so no problem fitting in (or on as the case may be) but I still needed to do something about my weight.

My brother had lost a lot using MFP and finally older sister started to listen to him, wandered in and started logging my food every day, weighing measuring and slowly and surely over the course of several months lost 30+ pounds. I backed off from being super diligent and was NOT rewarded with a 4 pound gain.

So here I am last weekend with my darling husband in our own kayaks -- I am much happier with these kayaking pictures and plan to work hard so that next summer will be even better. Even at almost 60 we can do this!!

wdSAmAt.jpg

Joanne

FIFY

ETA: Although the pics are a bit too big...
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    You put the 'img' text in capitals, has to be lower case. Well done on your loss! I'm terrified of water personally but it looks like a fun hobby. :-)
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ahhh thanks!!!!! I might have this figured out by the time I make my goal LOL

Steampunk - done right you never even go near the water - except at shore. You have
    to jump out of these to go in the water. But then I am not terrified of water -- guess
    this would be like asking me to pick up a snake "they aren't so bad" NOT!!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you Joanne and what a beautiful setting for kayaking. We've made a lot of changes this past year and I can't wait to see where we are next year!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    doing great.. keep up the hard work!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    You're doing great.
    Congratulations to you.
  • rvmemaw
    rvmemaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, we can do this!! Great post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!