Simple 3 Step Sugar Detox

Options
Are you tired of donuts on the break room counter?

Sick of that jar of mints singing you their siren song?

Worn down by the seducing melty goodness of ooey gooey ice cream every time you open the freezer for your frozen edamame?

Well, the answer is here: Free of charge, the 3 Step Sugar detox. First, let's define what a detox is

de·tox

ˈdētäks/

informal

noun

a process or period of time in which one abstains from or rids the body of toxic or unhealthy substances; detoxification.

1. Open your mind. Think. Why do we overeat? Will sugar look so taunting if you were to say, comprise the bulk of your diet with lean meats, vegetables, and fruit only then to save a portion of those calories for said ebils?

2. Cleanse your thoughts of demonizing any said food group (medical conditions allowing). Embrace the fact that all foods can be included in a balanced diet.

3. Accept that sugar is not in fact the devil reincarnate out to destroy your deficit.

You still with me? Bueller?

The toxin and unhealthy substance is the mindset that the foods we eat have any form of moral value.

Will eating chicken and vegetables satiate you longer than a poptart or candy bar? Absolutely, and for less calories to boot! Eat that. But don't deprive yourself of things you enjoy. Do I recommend eating a whole cake? No. But a slice wouldn't hurt you.

When we start placing labels on foods. We give them control over us. "I can't have that, that's bad. " mindset can often lead to madness or relapse...caving in and binging. .some times just giving up all together because we feel we've failed when we give in.

You did not fail.

Overindulge one day?

Get back on that horse. Ride it into the sunset my beautiful MFP Cowboys and girls.

Wrangle you some fitness goals while eating that cookie.

2i1z5mo.gif

the only thing toxic is a negative attitude.

Replies