Looking for moms of several . . .

Options
Hey there, I have five young children, and I'd love to be friends with other moms. If you have a child or children whose health issues keep you up at night, tell me about it -- makes getting up early to work out a challenge, doesn't it? That's where I'm at. I homeschool, too, by the way.

Honestly, I'd love to hear from you, regardless of your life circumstances. Thanks!

Replies

• miniwaankerbot
    miniwaankerbot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Min. I only have two kids, ages 3 and 4. My 3 year old hasn't slept through the night yet! So yes, I'm tired too.

They're finally at an age where they can play together and I can sneak away to do a 12 minute workout (I love the 12 minute athlete app!) and maybe some time on the exercise bike.
  • Tuliper1
    Tuliper1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love it when they won't sleep though the night! Ha ha. I have a toddler who wakes, and an older child who wakes with pain issues. Short workouts can be helpful!
  • flynn1975
    flynn1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 year old and 14 year old. My 6 year old is up early .. and 14 year old has trouble sleeping and often wakes up in the night. I sure you are thinking... she is 14 big deal. Well, she is autistic. So, can't roam the house at night while we sleep. I also have 2 businesses, homeschool my oldest and volunteer. I can't believe i have time to even store fat...lol :)
  • tammy_lng
    tammy_lng Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hello ladies,
    I am Tammy a mother of 3 kids, ages 6, 3, and 1. my 2 oldest kids go to sleep early and wake up early. my youngest on the other hand is a night owl. I am a stay at home mom for now, going to college online, trying to teach my 3 year old at home (he is a little behind due to health issues when he was a baby). , plus i cook an clean for 7 people, my family of 5 plus my parents. I am trying to lose 80lbs that i gained over the years.

i wish you ladies the best of luck in your health journey.
  • Tuliper1
    Options
    I have a 6 year old and 14 year old. My 6 year old is up early .. and 14 year old has trouble sleeping and often wakes up in the night. I sure you are thinking... she is 14 big deal. Well, she is autistic. So, can't roam the house at night while we sleep. I also have 2 businesses, homeschool my oldest and volunteer. I can't believe i have time to even store fat...lol :)

I had a friend (recently passed away) who went for years on excruciatingly little sleep because her autistic son also roamed the house at night. Sometimes he'd jump out the window and they 'd have to chase him through the neighborhood in the middle of the night. I feel for you!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Im Meggin!

Mom of 3.
    8yo boy, 6yo girl and ben just turned 3.
    My first official summer as a SAHM - what was i thinking?!? LOL

Love meeting other moms too!

Friend me.

Meggin
  • melanconme
    melanconme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also Megan! I have an almost 3 years old and an almost 2 years old. (Their birthdays are August 25 and 23.) The two year old hates sleep, and if I even think about picking up my weights while he is in the room he has a complete come apart. We walk a lot because it is one of the only physical things my kids approve of lol. I need some friends too.
  • Electa1966
    Electa1966 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for moms who are serious about losing weight to help inspire me. :)

Losing weight in a house filled with kids is hard!

Please friend request me!!!
  • JJofWA
    JJofWA Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi, I'm J.J. My kids are 17, 10, 4, and almost 2. My youngest has never slept through the night, and sleeps about half of every night in my bed. Before him, his sister had a similar pattern, so I haven't had a decent night sleep in ~5 years. I'm hoping to make some progress on that front in the next few months as we transition to having one less person in the home (my eldest is going away to college.) We'll see how it goes...
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I stayed at home this summer with my 6 and 7 year old.
    My sanity is nearly gone!
    They fight all day long. My son has adhd and a speech disorder called Speech Apraxia. I spend a great deal of time disciplining and trying to get him to speak correctly. He does not spell well because he doesn't hear the individual sounds in words.
    My daughter is perpetually angry because he gets all of the attention.
    But with all of the craziness, they still make me so happy. They are my everything. I am so happy I had this opportunity to go insane and be with them this summer. :)
    These years go so fast....
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 2 year old and a 7 month old. My 2 year old has slept through the night only a handful of times, spends half the night sleeping on top of me (in my bed isn't good enough apparently) and is a night owl. My 7 month old still wakes 2-3 times a night to nurse and is an early bird.

Also, my husband is currently out of state and halfway through a CDL course. If he passes he'll be an otr trucker so he won't be home to help.

Since I don't drive, currently my main form of exercise is walking to the store while pushing my 2 girls in their stroller. Each trip takes a minimum of 2 hours. I've had to go 4 times already this week.
  • srd_23
    srd_23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a single mom with two children, 3 and 5. They usually sleep through the night, but excercising is still difficult because we all share a room. I joined the local YMCA, and they have an "adventure zone" the kids can play in while I work out. Its a lifesaver!

When I can't get to the gym I usually try doing a workout video (I have a dailyburn.com subscription) at night with my kids. I have to be careful not to accidentally kick them in the butt due to the cramped space, but my kids have a blast doing excercise with me. Eventually my son asked me why I was only eating certain things, and why we do excercise every night now. I had the opportunity to explain about the importance of fitness, a healthy diet, and maintaining a healthy weight. Obesity is extremely common in my side of the family, and their dad's side of the family has the opposite problem. Not only do my children now understand why I'm excercising, but they are developing a good habit of participating as well.

Feel free to add me!

-Sarah
  • pamkeast5
    pamkeast5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Our son has an Anxiety Disorder, he does not sleep, ever . . . he has 20 minute naps and that is a good night sleep for him, so I totally get exhausted mom syndrome. When he was an infant and toddler was most challenging, than as he got older we hoped and prayed for sleep, when he was 13yrs old he was finally diagnosed. We lost friends over this, as he appears like a typical boy, slightly over weight, but typical and the friends that we lost judged our parenting and felt that we were just giving in to him and that he was spoiled . . . could not have been farther from the truth. Anyways, to make a long story short, I have a heart for all parents who are struggling, this really is the hardest job out there. It was a bitter pill to swallow, to hear that your child has a mental illness, but at least we had a diagnosis and we are not crazy. Our son will probably always be living at home with us, and that is okay, we just want him to as content and productive as he can possibly be, with his abilities. Does that make sense? I rattle on, but I hope that in all this I can encourage you, you are not alone. :D
  • rjan4616
    Options
    Hey there. I have two young boys. Ages 7 and 4. My oldest is ASD and it makes it harder to step away to concentrate on myself for even a few seconds. He has a severe anxiety issue of being alone. He doesn't like total silence but hates when things gets too noisy so I usually have him following me everywhere!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Tuliper1
    Options
    I am so glad you all responded! I look forward to getting to know all of you! It helps to know many of us are having similar experiences. Sometimes we lose perspective and feel so isolated, as if no one else has the same type of challenges we do. That's just not true, as I think we can see from reading this thread!
  • kayla2sxc4u
    Options
    hi there I'm a mom of 2 boys 2 and a half and 4 weeks trying to potting train my toddler and take care of my newborn and cleaning and trying to eat healthy is a bit challenging at time but the more support you have the better your results will be in the long run add me if you like <3
  • amysewsit
    amysewsit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am also a homeschooling mom. I homeschool my 3 daughters, ages 5, 7 and 10. Luckily, they sleep through the night, but our new puppy doesn't... LOL
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have two kids, 13 and 12. 11 months apart. Both in 7th grade. My son who is 13 has Autism mildly along with ADHD. I don't have much issues with them waking inless a full blown nightmare or sick usually. I am willing to friend any on here as well. :)
  • amysewsit
    amysewsit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have accidently kicked my kids while working out quite a few times as well. LOL.