Hungry, but not wanting to go over calories...

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
So, I used to workout a lot..until I moved jobs. Anyway, I was always hungry then, which made sense. Now, I am still always hungry and I don't want to starve myself but I need to stay under my 1784ish calorie count.

Should I just listen to my body telling me its hungry...or just ignore it and keep drinking my water and imagine its food?....

I do drink lots of water and im not talking about eating BAD either.

Help, advice, anything.:)

Replies

• ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    Drink more water and also eat, but watch what you eat to still keep yourself under your calorie goal. What works best for me is to start my day already knowing what I'm going to have for dinner since it's always the largest meal in my home. Then I plan the rest of my meals and snacks throughout the day in order to make my goal. Also try eating something small (100-200 calories) BEFORE you are actually hungry 2-3 hours after you eat whatever meal you usually get hungry after. So if you're getting hungry around 3pm and eat lunch at 11am, then try eating a small snack around 2:30 to cut your hunger off. That's what works for me, anyway. My snacks usually consist of a handful of wheat thins and cheese or fruit - only a couple hundred calories and very satisfying. Good luck.
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    take yourself out for a walk or a jog first, you'll be amazed how it staves off the hunger. If you can't get out of the house (because you have children) then do some circuit training reps. i.e. 10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 power jacks....you get the idea. Even run up and down the stairs 10 times!!! DO that before you make a bad food choice that's going to take you over your caloric intake. You'll be pleased you did! Also as the above poster mentioned, drink a big glass of water too!
  • helman63
    helman63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    also try carrots. Sure you fart a lot but they're low calorie and if you get nice sweet ones they aren't too bad.
  • helman63
    helman63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, I should have suggested..... lots of fibre to fill you. And remember for some aweful reason the sensation of fullness takes quite a while to get from your stomach to your brain. So, eat slowly.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat low calorie vegetables: romaine lettuce, spinach, . . .
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Snack on boiled eggs and Greek yogurt as they fill you up. Up your water by drinking a glass before each meal and snack. Try not to be hard on yourself as your body is adjusting. If you really are hungry, eat something healthy and maybe adjust your calories as they could be low. Keep your chin up and take each day as it comes :-)
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, so I couldn't check - but WHAT you are eating throughout the day matters for how full or hungry you feel. I am on 1400-1500 calories and hardly ever hungry.

Make sure to eat enough protein and fibre (keeps you full for longer.)
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    eat.
  • Salford_IT_Help
    Salford_IT_Help Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My gut says listen to your body, but if I'm still a little hungry after my dinner (8 - 9pm) and I'm off to bed soon (10 - 11pm) I just go to bed felling empty and wake up fine.
  • XXXforeverXXXyoung
    XXXforeverXXXyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You should ignore it or eat fruits and veggies. But if you choose to eat then you can always work out to burn off what you have eaten so you don't have any unneeded calories in your body.
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Once you hit your calorie goal for the day, that's you done, you're all good to lose weight, don't go over it because if you hit maintenance calories your body won't have lost any weight for that day, which is a bad feeling, wasting a whole day of hard work and then having it go to waste because you caved at the last minute, you'll feel really bad and disapointed in yourself if you do over it and be thinking "why, oh why did I do that?!"

No food tastes as good as feeling good