Bulking While Losing

Options
So I basically go gym 4-5 days a week. I workout all muscle groups throughout the week and do some cardio if I have time.

Here's the issue: I have a little lower back fat and some love handles that I'd kill to get rid of. However, I am down to 189 and don't want to lose more weight elsewhere to lose this stubborn fat.

I'm always hungry and I don't seem to be gaining weight. Is there some sort of diet (something I don't have to be rich to do) to help bulk and maintain muscle while reducing the fat content around my waist?

HELP!!! Thanks for the input!

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes. The bulk/cut diet :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting weights and eat close to maintenance calories.
  • vicdamone78
    vicdamone78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm down to 146 lbs from 168 lbs which is the smallest I have ever been. At least since high school. I too have stubborn fat, but mine is in my belly and some love handles. I'm currently at 18% body fat. I literally don't have any fat anywhere else. I'm truly skinny but not happy with my abs. I want to get down to 13-15% body fat before I start to bulk up so I'm currently maintaining my weight by doing a lot of HIRT and weight training. I don't want to get any skinnier. I keep a good diet; lot's of protein and some good carbs.

Try to figure out your body fat % and set a goal according to what's best for you.
    Eat close to maintenance calories
    Lift weights
    Try doing cardio at least once a week

and remember that you will lose fat evenly throughout your body.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Well "bulking" entails adding muscle and fat to increase muscle size. So one really can't "bulk" while trying to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting weights and eat close to maintenance calories.

^ This. This will work. Be patient.