Maintaining weight not fit for your body?

So recently I've lost about 40 lbs. I'm 5'1 and maintain under 100 lbs, but I only eat between 1300-1450 calories during the week and go over on the weekends, but still maintain. However I'm worried I can't maintain to his weight forever and I'm eventually going to gain weight. A year ago I was happy and healthy between 115-120 lbs, is that where I should really be. I look at myself and I've worked so hard for my muscles and I don't want to lose them. I'm confused. I hope this makes sense

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    So you're trying to decide if you want to keep working to maintain under 100 pounds or whether you should relax a little and maintain at 115-120? Perhaps that's more 'natural' for you?

Under 100 pounds is an unhealthy low BMI. You say you have a lot of muscle, so that's actually even less healthy than it might be for a woman without your muscle. For those who work hard for muscle, BMI will be artificially high. Yours is low.

You can't build and maintain muscles with no calories. You are wise to focus on your health and muscles. Why not up your calories a little and let your muscles take you up to 105 or 110?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I would suggest that if muscle is of interest to you, that you stop focusing on the scale too much anyway.
    Also, you would be better off finding a happy medium between where you are now, which is actually too light imo, and where you were happy before - say, 105 Ibs. Focus on your health and fitness, not the scale, and definitely, eat more. Ask yourself if you can be happy sustaining your current weight for the rest of your life... if the answer is no, then you need to find somewhere you can happily maintain for life.