Binging

So today I Binged so bad & ate around 3000 calories. I feel awful and I don't even know why I did it. I wasn't even hungry. Anyone know what I should do? I have the biggest urge to go purge out everything I ate but I know I can't do that because I don't wanna get in the habit again. I'm too bloated to exercise. :/

Replies

• tlicttbh
    tlicttbh Posts: 89
    I'm not sure how much of an on-going problem this is for you. You might want to see an eating disorder counselor. The books that have helped me a lot with binge eating are EatQ by Susan Albers and Overcoming Emotional Eating by Geneen Roth.
  • SkyElinT
    SkyElinT Posts: 4 Member
    I have a huge problem with binging. Always have. But oddly enough I have never purged. I know what it feels like to not be physically able to exercise because of a binge. Just move on and start fresh tomorrow. This won't make you gain weight in the long haul. It probably won't even slow you down. Don't stress out about it. Just occupy yourself and start over tomorrow:)
  • bluehenjen
    bluehenjen Posts: 29 Member
    You've acknowledged the binge so let it go and don't beat yourself up anymore; it happens to lots of people. Do a good workout and eat clean tomorrow, and acknowledge your success. If you think it'll help, take a screen shot of your post and read it the next time you realize you're starting to binge and see if that helps you regain control.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    There is a "Binge-Eating Support Group" here that you could join ......... you may find some answers there .....

Best of luck to you :drinker:
  • bezerkus
    bezerkus Posts: 79 Member
    I binged the other night for the first time in a while and went 1000 calories over after already walking 4mph for an hour at lunch. Usually I just try to do better, but this night was different and (like you) I really wasn't that hungry. There I was with MFP's quadruple red numbers staring me in the face. I decided to punish myself by hitting the treadmill an hour later at a 3 incline until the 1000 cal was there on the display. I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't been tracking in MFP. I don't recommend that, but I did what others say not to do, I punished myself. Hopefully I'll remember that long run and not do so much next time I get like that.
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    I have faced the same problem. People say all things in moderation, but sometimes, that's not what you want. You want a whole tube of ice cream instead of one scoop, or the whole box of cereal instead of a bowl. Quite honestly, you could just save up calories and eat your meals this way and still lose weight(although I do not recommend it). I just don't want to pretend to be that strong willed person who says "all things in moderation", because that doesn't work for me either.
  • losethe23
    losethe23 Posts: 124 Member
    @tlicttbh
    I haven't had a super big binge in a while but I will definitely check those books out! Thank you :)
  • losethe23
    @SkyElinT
    I haven't binged really bad in a while but I have always had the urge to. Thank you so much for the encouragement :)
    P.S. You're beautiful, I might add
  • losethe23
    I have faced the same problem. People say all things in moderation, but sometimes, that's not what you want. You want a whole tube of ice cream instead of one scoop, or the whole box of cereal instead of a bowl. Quite honestly, you could just save up calories and eat your meals this way and still lose weight(although I do not recommend it). I just don't want to pretend to be that strong willed person who says "all things in moderation", because that doesn't work for me either.

Are we the same person?