What to order at chili's

Options
Everything is so many calories! I don't go out to eat often but it's my sisters birthday tomorrow so we're going out and I don't want to skip out on it. What low calorie ish meals have you ordered?

Replies

• silentinformer
    Options
    Chilis has a lighter choices menu that has some entrees that are under 650 cals.

http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/menuitem.aspx?CatId=C918423
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The lighter choice 6oz sirloin and broccoli is delicious. That's what I always get.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I think it's called a santa fe chicken salad?...something like that...it's only around 500 calories if I remember correctly. Large portion and VERY VERY good.
  • mvg421
    mvg421 Posts: 27
    Options
    Just get whatever you want it's only one meal. You said you don't go out to eat often so you might as well get something you will enjoy. Maybe cut back calories during the beginning of the day if you want it to still fit your macros.
  • TXPaul
    TXPaul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Margarita Chicken, Grilled Salmon or Soup and Salad

Those are my staples at Chili's.
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The lighter choice 6oz sirloin and broccoli is delicious. That's what I always get.

This. MMMM.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

This. MMMM.

Yup! Also love the light margarita chicken. sodium on it is outrageous, so drink a lot of water with it.
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    I had the grilled chicken salad a few weeks ago and it was yummy!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

agreed
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like their steak, actually. 7oz steak, get some spinach on the side (theirs is GOOD). It's seriously crazy delicious. My mom, brother and I do a Chili's night once a week where we do the one appetizer and two dishes for $20 deal, and I always get the steak. High in protein and surprisingly good for a place like Chili's!
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks!!! I'm excited for the sirloin and broccoli! Thanks everyone :)
  • BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Southwest egg rolls
    Fajitas

then bust your *kitten* in the gym for a few days
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Be careful at Chili's! I ordered a cheeseburger and was horrified to find out it was over 1,,000 calories! Seriously, that was just the burger, not including the fries or drinks or anything. Stick to the salads, fish, steak or veggies. Those are all good and not very fattening.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Be careful at Chili's! I ordered a cheeseburger and was horrified to find out it was over 1,,000 calories! Seriously, that was just the burger, not including the fries or drinks or anything. Stick to the salads, fish, steak or veggies. Those are all good and not very fattening.

No offense, but it is a cheeseburger at Chili's. How many calories did you expect it to have?
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    the Margarita chicken and the light sirloin are my favorites.
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I worked at Chilis for a while, so I can tell you that the Margerita Chicken is a good one (the beans are basically black beans and salsa, so no heavy calories there.) The rice is what kills you on that dish, though. It has a ton of oil in it. Do the magherita chicken with skinny broccoli and beans. Yum yum yum.

Oh, and they used to have a light grilled chicken sandwich on a ww roll that was good, too.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Hell.... I'd order whatever's on the menu. :drinker: It's just one meal and it won't kill your progress you've achieved already. Enjoy your meal with your sis... :heart: it's her birthday after all!! Continue your progress the next day. Seriously, eat whatever you would like. You said so yourself you don't eat out often, so don't worry about calories. Just eat like you normally do for breakfast and lunch, and enjoy Chili's for dinner. That's what I've been taught here by the wonderful people of MFP. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Oh, and they used to have a light grilled chicken sandwich on a ww roll that was good, too.

Yeah I was bummed when they removed it.

I still don't believe the calorie count on the sirloin and broccoli though... 250 calories seems too little for a 6oz steak and some broccoli...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I order what I want.

But that's usually fajita's.

and it's delicious- and I don't worry about it.