IF question about WHAT you eat

Options
I'm giving intermittent fasting a try and I'd like to know WHAT you eat during your feeding window. Are you aiming for any particular macros? I've read that diet should be fairly low-carb (or at least, not high carb), but other sites have said anything goes. Also, do you adhere to you MFP calories the way you would with a traditional meal plan? As in, if I aim to eat 1400 calories, should I stick with that goal, but within my 8 or so eaten window? Thanks.

Replies

• EddieV2
    EddieV2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I adhered to it strictly for about a month and didn't like it. I was always absolutely starving by the time I was allowed to eat (I would workout like a fiend beforehand), and that would cause me to over-eat and have serious stomach pain because of it. I ended up gaining quite a bit of fat in that month and I didn't appreciate that. That was my experience, but I seem to be very alone lol.

Macros should be the same depending on your goals; around 20-25% carbs (if you're new to going this low in carbs, slowly titrate them down), 25-35% fats, and 40-50% protein. That's what I would do anyway.

Yes, follow the same caloric total that MFP gives you within your 8 hour window.

Whose protocol are you following if you don't mind me asking?
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I'm trying Lean Gains with a bit of alteration because I'm a woman, so more like 10-14. I can definitely see how working out hard would lead to overeating. I had planned to limit my workouts to walking and kettle bells. I'll keep your experience in mind and go forward slowly.