Southwest Salad Recipe Needed

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a healthy Southwest Salad recipe to make at home, but can't find any good ones. Anyone have any they could share?

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I dont have counts because its not the same each time but here are a few things I put in mine:

black beans
    fresh salsa
    30% less sodium taco meat
    corn
    ff sour cream or ff plain greek yogurt
    salt free salad seasonings
    if you need a crunch bake won ton wrappers with no salt seasoning and spray with a bit of pam. break them up and sprinkle over.
  • 3rianna
    3rianna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to make a turkey taco sald, not sure if that's what you mean but I hope it helps!

I take lean ground turkey and cook it until all the pink is gone with about 1 onion and some sazon. Once browned I mix in taco seasoning (a tad of hot sauce, because I love spicy foods).

Then while that's thicken/cooling I mix in a large bowl the following ingredients:

Romaine Lettuce
    Black beans (rinsed and drained)
    Garbanzo Beans (rinsed and drained)
    diced tomato
    some avacado (only if it's on sale though)
    and some fat free cheese.
    and squeeze some lime juice on there with some fresh cilantro if you have it.

at this point I mix in the meat and GET READY to EAT!

Then if I want some added treats they sell southwest tortilla strips that I like to put on top with a dallop of fat free sour cream.
  • tntarenas
    Options
    Try quenoa or whole wheat rotini pasta, black beans, red bell pepper,cilantro, pico de gallo, black olives,corn. Mix taco seasoning with sour cream and have a dollop of that on top