will be drinking tonight

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
So tonight I'm going out, we're heading over to the Frankford riverfest to see Ambush, one of our favourite local bands. There will be vodka involved.....but I have not been out drinking since I quit smoking nine weeks ago. I will be hanging out with friends that do, some that don't, but with the girl I had my very first drag with. I'm pretty sure I can do it! Just thinking how ruined my night would be if I had one of those awful headrushes!! Anyone have any helpful hints? Please don't say, "just don't drink" I was pregnant all last summer and had to stay sober and drive my drunk pukey friends home. This summer I wouldn't mind enjoying a few, minus the pukey!! But I don't want it to be the reason I started smoking again!

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    So tonight I'm going out, we're heading over to the Frankford riverfest to see Ambush, one of our favourite local bands. There will be vodka involved.....but I have not been out drinking since I quit smoking nine weeks ago. I will be hanging out with friends that do, some that don't, but with the girl I had my very first drag with. I'm pretty sure I can do it! Just thinking how ruined my night would be if I had one of those awful headrushes!! Anyone have any helpful hints? Please don't say, "just don't drink" I was pregnant all last summer and had to stay sober and drive my drunk pukey friends home. This summer I wouldn't mind enjoying a few, minus the pukey!! But I don't want it to be the reason I started smoking again!
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    be strong, ou can do it.
    48975.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hey! Ambush as in Country Cover Band from Southern Ontario?
  • peej76
    Options
    Hey! Ambush as in Country Cover Band from Southern Ontario?
    Yep that's them!! I'm actually in Frankford Ontario, I think they're from Belleville, maybe, they have been coming down here May 24 for the last couple of years!!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Ah, that's awesome! I'm from Perth (originally) they are like GODS to Perthians lol! One of them has family that lived on my street growing up so they were ALWAYS in town! HAVE FUN!! I am jealous :grumble:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Canucks!!! :tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    :drinker: You know it sarge... We like to get our drink on.... and they put on a GREAT show!
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking a while ago (3 years in June!) woohoo!
    It was really hard. All I can say, and all I say to my friends quitting is that you can NEVER SMOKE AGAIN. You just need to get that in your head.
    Don't drink so much that you convince yourself that it's okay to have "just one drag". It's not ok. You need to quit, for life.

It seems easy, but it's not. It's like dieting. You always think there is a goal, and END to the diet... but there isn't. If you really want to change your life, you have to do just that. Change your LIFE.

So, be moderate in your drinking, and don't even take one drag. Do what you can to convince yourself that it isn't ok.

You'll be fine. The first time out is usually hard, but you're so motivated in the beginning it's easy not to. It's the 4th, 5th, 6th etc time you go out, when you think you don't have to "try" anymore.

you always have to try. :)

Good luck!
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Canucks Rock!!! :drinker:

Wow, I didn't realize you quit smoking too!!!
    Good for you! :flowerforyou:

It's been 6 years this November since I quit, so I relate...
    You're in Frankford ON????
    I'm in PICTON!!!
    LMAO - small world, eh? (see true canuck)

BTW, easier said than done, but my advice is:
    do not hold one,
    do not put one to your lips...
    You can do it!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I like Canadian beer...it's stronger than ours!!

Have a good time, eh???:wink:

Please be safe...get a designated driver. You did it last summer, it's someone else's turn!:drinker:
  • peej76
    Options
    See how all the canadians are replying? We are true drinkers!! I love Picton! We're actually headed out to the drive in on Sunday for the all nighter! Iron man is still palying, but on the screen one is Prince Caspian, I want to see both. And next week my husband has holidays so we're going up to the lake on the mountain for a picnic!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    peej....I like the Marilyn Monroe quote you have as your signature! That describes me to a "T".
  • peej76
    Options

Please be safe...get a designated driver. You did it last summer, it's someone else's turn!:drinker:
    Ewww, I actually hate beer, so it'll definitley be vodka for me!! It will be an awesome time, and don't worry, it's a five minute walk so no driving for us. I don't even have to leave my yard, to hear the band!!!
    Hey how bout everyone come on down here to Frankford tonight. We'll all party together and gain unwanted calories!!! But I'll be burning mine as I'm dancing on the picnic table lol!!
  • Meriller
    Options
    Nice!
    Well maybe we should make a lunch date sometime!
    My parents are new residents of Stirling, and I've been in Picton now for almost 5 years. Prior to that I was in Toronto for 2 years, and before that, I grew up in Vernon BC.
    Are you from Frankford, or a transplant?

I'm cottage bound for the weekend, in Waupoos, or I just might take you up on the picnic table dancing! LOL:drinker:

Jill

PS Ditto the love for your Marilyn quote... I think I'll have it tattooed! J/K
  • peej76
    Options
    peej....I like the Marilyn Monroe quote you have as your signature! That describes me to a "T".
    I like your quote too. We have a jeep cherokee parked back north as a bush buggy. That's exactly how I'm gonna be driving it this summer!!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Ewww, I actually hate beer, so it'll definitley be vodka for me!! It will be an awesome time, and don't worry, it's a five minute walk so no driving for us. I don't even have to leave my yard, to hear the band!!!
    Hey how bout everyone come on down here to Frankford tonight. We'll all party together and gain unwanted calories!!! But I'll be burning mine as I'm dancing on the picnic table lol!!

I'm in. :drinker: uh, how long do ya think it would take to drive from Orlando to Frankford????????:ohwell:
  • peej76
    Options
    Nice!
    Well maybe we should make a lunch date sometime!
    My parents are new residents of Stirling, and I've been in Picton now for almost 5 years. Prior to that I was in Toronto for 2 years, and before that, I grew up in Vernon BC.
    Are you from Frankford, or a transplant?

I'm cottage bound for the weekend, in Waupoos, or I just might take you up on the picnic table dancing! LOL:drinker:

Jill
    That would be cool!! Stirling is cool too. I'm basically neighbours with your parents then lol!! We just moved to Frankford about 4 yrs ago, But grew up in the area. Haven't went too far! Next May 24 Picnic table dancing lol!!
  • peej76
    Options

I'm in. :drinker: uh, how long do ya think it would take to drive from Orlando to Frankford????????:ohwell:
    Damn, you'll be late lol!!! That's ok, long weekend here in Ontario lasts til Monday lol!!!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I

Damn, you'll be late lol!!! That's ok, long weekend here in Ontario lasts til Monday lol!!!

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm on my way. Leave a lite on. :laugh:
  • Meriller
    Options
    So Peej...
    Are you going to the Tragically Hip concert on June 21st in Zwick's Park?