(psssst) Look...it's the "new girl"

SarahDeeGee
SarahDeeGee Posts: 12 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Yo. :)

I am trying this out for the first time after hearing a success story from a co-worker.
Currently the hand-held journal I am keeping has been successful at nothing beyond containing written documentation of every time I've screwed up and given in to cravings. It's a neatly-lined and doodled-upon graveyeard of my resolutions.

I can't complain too direly: I really only need to get 10 lbs off. But as you all know, those ones are the clingiest. They hate things like slinky dresses (especially brightly colored ones), leggings, upcoming warm vacations, and the tentative touch of a boyfriend.

I love food, and I love to cook. But I hate when things don't fit, so here goes. And as much as my math skills have improved from trying to add up my own calories by hand all day, mental denomination only burns so many calories...which I quickly replace. :) Joyfully, I might add.

ABOUT ME
Country girl, raised in Illinois. Homegrown values, loves life, rarely passes an opportunity to say what she's thinking.
I enjoy music (live bands and singing my own), art (viewing and painting my own) and anything outdoors (camping, kayaking, biking and beachcombing being among the favorites.
I have a job I love, an amazing boyfriend, hilarious friends and a dynamic, closely-knit family...and a goldendoodle who sometimes keeps the other side of the bed warm on winter nights.

Losing this weight won't change my life.

Then again, I didn't think applying for this job, saying hello to a stranger five months ago, or singing on stage for the first time would either. So in that case, I've got nothing to lose....but weight, hopefully.

Cheers, all.

P.S. I love funny stories: hearing them and sharing them. It's good to be able to laugh at oneself. If you have some, I'll be looking for them on here... :)

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome aboard and good luck! Will be rooting for you--and, yes it helps to keep a sense of humor throughout the process...:wink:
  • house101292
    house101292 Posts: 464 Member
    This site is really awesome. It is a great way to get started with calorie counting. Try you best to stick with it and record every single thing. Eventaully you can try it on your own and you will have a better understanding of what you should be eating in a day instead of what we actually eat. I usually always put in more then what I probably eat and I still have some room for a small snack after dinner. Make sure you add your exercise cause that is always a nice little bonus when you are getting close to your daily goal. It shows just how much exercise helps when you are eating a lot of calories. Have fun.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Hello darling!

Welcome to the greatest show on earth: MFP!!! *crowd goes wild* YAYAYAY!

So glad you are joining us and this amazing family of people all working towards the same goal of a healthy life style! I'm from Illinois as well, have an awesome family, have been on MFP for over two years and have loved every second of it!

Friend request coming your way! If you want a fun thread to join look for the one entitled "Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!!" :o)

Again, glad you are here!!!
    -Tara:flowerforyou:
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    *Welcome* Hope you enjoy the site! It's full of fun, motivational & encouraging people. Whether you are trying to lose 10lbs or 100lbs. =) Add me if you ever need a friend or an encouraging word :)
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    If I had done what you are doing way back when (when I was your age), I probably wouldn't be in the boat I am now. Congratulations on confronting those 10 lbs NOW. That's much smarter than waiting another 30 years (like I did) and confronting an additional 30 lbs. You are on the right track!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Sarah, I can already sense that you're going to love it here on MFP! And we'll certainly enjoyhaving you around as well (I love the Topic name! So fun!).

I've MFP to be more than helpful and encouraging. I'm losing losing lbs but rapidly losing fat (gaining lean muscle), thanks to a lot of recommendations for workouts shared across the forums. I'm on here more than Facebook nowadays!

Great to have you around and again, welcome to MyFitnessPal!!

always,
    Tammy
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Hello ladies!! I am new to the site so I guess I will just tell you a little bit about myself. I am currently a 22 year old full time college student and a mom to a wonderful gorgeous 13 month old baby! Being a mom is the most wonderful experience of my life but i have to say i gained more than just a beautiful baby during my pregnancy lol! I gained about 40 lbs and crap load of stretch marks both of which have taken a toll not only on my self esteem but also my relationship with my boyfriend. I currently purchased just dance 2 video game for the nintendo wii. This is my way to shed some of the baby weight so keep your fingers crossed for me ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.