HELP!

Options
I have had a wonderful journey so far, BUT This past week I have been working just as hard as I always have but the scale seems to be going up not going down like it usually does??? I need help! There are only 14 days left in my weight loss challenge at work and I am in 2nd place only behind by 2 lbs but with this weight gain of 2lbs I'm afraid I am going to fall too far behind!!!

What am I doing wrong? What could I do differently to help jump start the weightloss again???:frown:

Replies

• Uptopargolf
    Options
    I have had a wonderful journey so far, BUT This past week I have been working just as hard as I always have but the scale seems to be going up not going down like it usually does??? I need help! There are only 14 days left in my weight loss challenge at work and I am in 2nd place only behind by 2 lbs but with this weight gain of 2lbs I'm afraid I am going to fall too far behind!!!

What am I doing wrong? What could I do differently to help jump start the weightloss again???:frown:

First thing is to relax! :)

Second, have you logged everything? And exercised as hard as you normally do?

Third, it could just be water weight.

Fourth, perhaps trying to add a different exercise may help.
  • Christie_78
    Christie_78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Did you change anything this week with your diet or exercise plan? Also, during that time of the month I can easily gain 1 or 2 pounds of water weight, and the next few days it's gone. Also, are you weighing the same time and day of the week for comparison? I have seen a few pound swing in my weight by weighing later in the day than normal.

My advice is to keep going, don't let the scale get you down. Continue to work hard, you will see the scale move in the right direction!
  • Allan485
    Allan485 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Smith9905,

You might just be hitting the plateau we all face in this weight loss journey. Our bodies tend to adjust to become more efficient (e.g., the same exercises becoming easier the more we do them) and they do not keep losing weight willingly. Reevaluate your food and exercise routines to see if you are deviating in any way. If not, keep eating the right things, exercise, and drink plenty of water, however, you may want to increase the length or intensity of your exercise &/or activities to confuse your body again. By doing this, it will burn more energy in its attempt to adjust again. You're doing great, just keep going. You can do it!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Plateau honey.........Sucks but we all get thru it eventually. Don't give up!
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sorry..I had a little nervous breakdown LOL I am just working so hard and I was just upset about it! I am doing everything like I normally do but I have decied that I will be adding another mile to my run( if I dont stroke out) and I will be adding a p90x workout 3 times a week! I have come too far to let a silly plateau get in my WAY!!!