A Slacker Vents (and Worries)

Options
GRRR. I've been horrible this week! I didn't get to the gym once ... if I'm honest, I had a lot of good excuses. And I can't tomorrow night because I have to get my tooth capped. I'm afraid all of my progress is going to unravel! I've been over by 500 calories the last few days. HELP HELP HELP!

Unmotivated,
Shannon

Replies

• Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on a slippery slope. DONT GIVE UP!!! If you cant get to the gym..then watch your calorie intake.. drink tons of water.. ALSO.. you could run stairs at your house? Find an exercise show on tv? Just do some jumping jacks and situps?? Hang in there!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just get back with it. Pull it together, and just start over. I start over at least once a week, and I'm still making progress. If you pull yourself back, you'll keep moving forward. If you keep eating over calorie, then you should do more moving so it balances out. :wink:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Don't think so negatively just use this as your week off... Everyone deserves a week off and use all of the "quilt" to help you get back on track when you do start gettin back into it. You obvisiously haven't given up and you still have the will power, you just hit a few bumps in the road. That doesn't mean you wont reach your goals. It just means you took a lil break and there's nothing wrong with that. And so what you went over your calorie goal by a lil. (According to MFP which is not completly accurate) You are still doin good. Just use it as motivation and you will be fine.
  • nagicakes
    Options
    Try not to worry too much about it. Everyone slips up every now and then. The important thing is to not think about how you've screwed up, put it behind you and just get back to what you were doing before. So keep your chin up and just get back to it! =)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    GRRR. I've been horrible this week! I didn't get to the gym once ... if I'm honest, I had a lot of good excuses. And I can't tomorrow night because I have to get my tooth capped. I'm afraid all of my progress is going to unravel! I've been over by 500 calories the last few days. HELP HELP HELP!

Unmotivated,
    Shannon
    What can you do at home to burn some cals? Pushups, crunches, planks, even 20 minute walk over the lunch hour would be helpful. Wake up extra early and enjoy the quiet time and go for a run. Lots of options besides the gym when you can't make it there.:tongue:

You realize you're slipping away so grab hold of yourself and start looking at that diary to see what changes you can make..portion control? Types of food? Eating often enough to keep you satisfied so you don't over eat later? You are the only one that can change this back to the direction you want it to go. We can support you but we can't do it for you! Still got time for some crunches, situps and still get good sleep to wake up early!:wink::flowerforyou:

Each day is a brand new beginning :heart: no reason to beat yourself up but if that's what will motivate you to jump back onboard DO IT! (lol I don't mean beat yourself up I mean simply DO IT!) We're here with you reaching out but you gotta really really want it. No workout time then cutting back on food is the next step.

Wishing you well:drinker:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to pop back in here throughout the day and read your posts as motivation.:-)

A few of my mentioned looking back over my food journal to find out where I've been slipping up. I know right now my biggest problem is Christmas cookies in the house and it's not going to get better.... at least for a couple of weeks. I'm an advisor for a club and we're planning a bake sale, so I'm baking and stockpiling cookies as my contribution. I can only fit so many in the freezer!*LOL* They're such a temptation for me. Even if I only take one, I find myself getting up, grabbing a few more from the kitchen, then sitting back down on the couch.

Also, I'm a lot less motivated to work out if I skip the gym. Like I said, I had a lot of excuses NOT to go this week, but I really feel like they ARE excuses for me being a lazy *ss. I could have done workout DVDs or even Wii fit, but I just had a ton of excuses... a lot of which was, "I'll do it later, after...." which never happened!:-P When I don't go to the gym, I know I don't push myself as hard, but if I can at least get myself to do SOMETHING, it's better than no calories burned at all!

Since my goal is 1,200 calories without exercise, it's really hard to meet that goal. I need to workout so the net is higher, then I wouldn't be going over and the cookies wouldn't be killing me so much.;-) What do you guys do on days that you feel completely unmotivated?

Shannon
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Hint #1. Set your goal for 1lb a week or even 1/2 lb not 2. You are just starting out, allow yourself some time to get your feet wet before jumping in the weight loss water. 1200 calories is tough and there is little reason to go that low. Set a reasonable goal and let the exercise calories act as a cushion.

Hint #2. Which you already know. Get off your butt and get to the gym if that is what you need to do to be motivated to exercise. An hour is 4.1% of your day. Its worth that to feel better and live longer!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    An hour is 4.1% of your day. Its worth that to feel better and live longer!
    I love that! :happy:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do on days that you feel completely unmotivated?

Shannon
    I try like hell to push through it and do anyhow it's the only way I've found to get through that. I find if I blow off one workout it's all too easy to continue down that path and I'm someone that LOVES to workout but I think we all deal with that crap from time to time.

Regarding your treats..if you could think on what you're baking and pre-plan your food diary even a week ahead that might get you through this tough time. (actually pre-planning is super anytime, less messing with it daily and less obsessing) If you want a cookie or 2 treats figure out the cals and plan them in your day. Eat them on a plate at the table with some milk (carb combined with a protein and the sugar won't hit the bloodstream so quickly that you keep the cravings alive) and be aware of how they taste, the texture, the smell, enjoy your treat, like you would your dinner. Sometimes we munch absent minded and then before we know it we've eaten a ton of unplanned junk.

I no longer do the cookie/treat baking for Holidays anymore because in my head I don't figure anyone needs a plate of them (hey we'll all eat them if we have a plate in the house right? lol) from me and the healthy lifestyle I've developed has carried over to what I bake as well.

Wishing you fun baking but also wishing you well in treating yourself kindly in the process. Leg lifts while you're mixing the batter, lunges, ha ha I'm serious...getting our body moving in any fashion helps clear our mind and we tend to find the motivation to make healthier choices.
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: (oh and water water water:laugh: )
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I've been eating much better as a result of this post! I've been ill, however, with a reoccuring migraine that has kept me from hitting the gym. I actually ended up taking a sick day today and four of my Imitrex prescription. I'm just now starting to feel a little better. Keep your fingers crossed that this durn migraine will go away so I can work and get back to the gym tomorrow.

Shannon