Every woman should read this!

Options
I just wanted to let everyone know to really listen to your body when you think something might be wrong. When you go to the doctor, ask questions and insist on answers even if the doctor doesn't think its a big deal.

I had an IUD inserted yesterday and I was told by my doctor that I would be a little crampy for about 30 minutes but then after that I could go back to my normal life. She told me to just take a little motrin. I asked her if I could do my exercise routine and she said it would be no problem.

I'll spare you the details, but I ended up in the emergency room last night. It was very painful and tiring ordeal. I just want to warn everyone to be careful with your exercise routine. If your body might not be up to it, skip it and make the workout up later.

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• ladyunluck
    Options
    OMG I hope you are ok , Be carefull and feel better .
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    I hear you.
    Yesterday, I didn't eat enough protein or calories. I could have worked in a protein bar, but wasn't hungry, really.
    Today, I had a protein shake an hour before my workout. I did a BodyStep class, which was more intense than normal and felt drained about halfway through. Still, I persisted with the class, then did a circuit. I ate right when I got home, but didn't feel rejuvenated like I normally do.
    It's taken me all day and several decent meals to get my energy and attention back up to where it should be...and I'm going to bed early tonight! I should have skipped the circuit, like my body told me to. I also managed to tweak my thoracic muscles during the class...and should have stopped, but again, I didn't listen.
    In the future, I'll pay more attention to what my body needs instead of what my mind says I should do...)
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I hope you get well soon. These things are not normal, nor are a lot of these doctors. I always try to listen to my body, but we are all stubborn at times. Speedy recovery.