Logging Exercise Trouble MFP / Fitbit

Options
Yesterday i logged a spinning class from 7.00- 7.45am - 460 cals ...no problem.

Then about 2/3 through the day i sync'd my fitbit which gave me a huge 1000+ cal burn for walking X amount of steps (actually said i was walking my dog...i have no dog!)

Is it doubling my exercises? (the cal burn wasn't double the spin class) I have MFP linked with fitbit and endomondo.

Any help appreciated.

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The problem with the fitbit and pedometers is while it does give you a daily calorie burn with your steps that amount of calories is already considered in your activity level for mfp. So MFP already takes most steps into account every day. If you want to log your walking then that is fine but just dont eat back that 1000 calories
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Chris- That's not really how they work together.

OP- Where does it say you were walking a dog? The only place it would have info that specific is if you had logged it manually (assuming Endomondo can't add things like that, with details). Go delete it from your activity log and, if needed, re-log your spin class.
  • lowerhogan
    lowerhogan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chris- That's not really how they work together.

OP- Where does it say you were walking a dog? The only place it would have info that specific is if you had logged it manually (assuming Endomondo can't add things like that, with details). Go delete it from your activity log and, if needed, re-log your spin class.

I actually ended up deleting the post on MFP as i didnt think it was accurate. But i did think walking the dog was specific or funny but i never manually put that in!

I just sync'd my fitbit now for instance and it has logged me so far in the day as burning 432 calories taking 3000+ steps (just normal day walking around office). But i have training tonight so when i manually put that in at lets say 800-1000 cal burn that will leave me in a huge PLUS for the day. Am i better off not using fitbit?

(i sync fitbit and endomondo seems to drag it over to MFP)
  • lowerhogan
    lowerhogan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Actually i just revoked access on my fitbit site to MFP just incase it is pulling over info on the double. Will let Fitbit sync with Endomondo and let Endomondo push the step counting to MFP
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It seems like someone on the Fitbit site mentioned something weird with using all three and having them all synch together, too.