Workout then Hungry?

Options
Ok so I just started working out yesterday however both days after working out I've felt hungry.....I don't know if this is just because I'm bored or actually hungry and I don't really know what to do. I kinda feel like I shouldn't eat because it's defeating the purpose of working out but if my body is actually hungry what should I eat?

Replies

• JulieTX86
    Options
    Try working out before a meal. Just eat a small snack before you work out so you don't burn out, then you can enjoy your regular meal afterward. Thats what I did today. I was really hungry before my workout, but I did it anyway. Then I ate my normal amount for dinner, so I didn't end up over eating. :)
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've read that about 1 hour after working out your body absorbs nutrients more effectively, so I think its all about WHAT you put in your body afterwards.

Try a small snack like a banana or few slices of turkey if it's not meal time.
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    megan,

I was having the same issue. I would get done working out and seemed to REALLY CRAVE carb"y" foods! I have a bit of a drive home from the gym, so when I am getting ready to go, I pack a small thing of fruit and a specialK protein bar and leave it in my car for the drive home. It seems to help alot.

Good luck.