REALLY worried about no exercise

Options
for the next two weeks (at least) I can do no exercising beyond a slow walk!
I have been doing so good with my exercise and calorie intake up till now.
I am so worried about "falling off the wagon"!

Any suggestions or tips to help me thru?!?

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just be dilligent with your food intake and you should be fine. The good news is when you don't exercise, generally you're not as hungry.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    You didn't really say why you won't be able to exercise more than a slow walk...is it injury, illness, travel, or something else? It would help to know so we can offer advice that would be appropriate for your situation... Just sayin'... =)
  • Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    70 to 80 percent of a weight loss program is diet and it begins in the kitchen.

3500 cals = 1lb of fat.

If you create a 500 calorie deficit from a combination of diet and exercise. That's 500 * 7 = 3500 or 1lb of fat lose. I know most of us are shooting for 1 to 2 lbs a week. Just keep it under your alloted calories to lose fat. Walk for that fresh air.

When your better you can resume your regular activities.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I agree with darkrider... what's the reason for 2 weeks off? It will definitely help with giving advice. I'm the queen of minimal exercise and I've lost about 11 pounds since I started a couple days before Halloween. I'd be happy to help, if I can.
  • skeene07
    skeene07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to exercise because of having the leep procedure done today.
    So really, the two weeks is min. Could even be up to 4weeks depending on how I heal.

And...I eat out of boredom so I can't say I will eat less when not exercising...I'm afraid of the opposite!
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I won't be able to exercise because of having the leep procedure done today.
    So really, the two weeks is min. Could even be up to 4weeks depending on how I heal.

Okay, this one, I have experience with. Have you had a LEEP before? I can talk you through it, if you'd like.
  • skeene07
    skeene07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    THANKS MAGGIE!
    Anything u can tell me would help a great deal. Never had one before. Had the colpo a few weeks ago.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I wasn't sure if you'd get my comments before the procedure, so I emailed you. Check your inbox. I also sent you a friend request. Yep, I had a couple colposcopies (sp?) at different times. LEEP shouldn't be any worse than that, during the procedure. Recovery's a little different though. Deep breaths. You will get through it.
  • wtbyerdocmd
    Options
    I will be having knee surgery in january and non weight bearing for 6 weeks! I am feeling the same fear although diet is 80% I use the few hours of travel, gym time,... to stay out of the house and away from food as well as an awesome calorie burn so I hear you. I sill plan on heading to gym to do weights or whatever I can, eat clean, and know there is an end to the tunnel and I will climb out. Try journaling or any distraction you can, get out of the house and do something so you are not tempted to eat as much and get right back in it when you can. And yes I have four children I know getting out of the house is not always easy.