Triathlon anyone?

Options
Is anyone aspiring to a triathlon this summer? That's my goal and I'd like to have some others join me!

Replies

• blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Is anyone aspiring to a triathlon this summer? That's my goal and I'd like to have some others join me!
  • tschmitt2002
    Options
    If my bike were faster (racing bike) maybe. The thought of being able to do a short one for me is inspiring (300 meter swim, short bike, short run)! I am not sure I could be ready for a few months. Do you know any good training programs on-line to help? It is sooooo beautiful outside, great time to train.

63716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    thats next years goal!!!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    You need to do it! I did one last October and now I can't wait to do it again! Good luck!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am doing a duathlon on June 1st. Might do a couple others :smile: I am not a fan of swimming in lakes.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

I am aspiring but not by this summer - my gym has a training program starting this summer and I have signed up, waiting for it to start. I would love to do the team Triathalon to start out (you know, where each member does a leg in their strongest event?) The local law enforcement agencies all do one around my area each year.

I would love to hear about your training for this! Tell us more!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

I am aspiring but not by this summer - my gym has a training program starting this summer and I have signed up, waiting for it to start. I would love to do the team Triathalon to start out (you know, where each member does a leg in their strongest event?) The local law enforcement agencies all do one around my area each year.

I would love to hear about your training for this! Tell us more!!
    I am with you. I am not ready for the three peater. I am game for a training update share tips and get pics of u doin it we wanna celebrate success
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm not following any particular training program, just trying to squeeze in workouts with two kids! Anyway I love bicycling and have been doing RAGBRAI for a couple of years so I think the bike part will be good. I also did swim team as a kid, but it is hard to find pool times. I haven't started my swim training yet. I have started running and have run for 35 min straight! I am thinking I can do three miles.

So I am not sure I have the best program going but here's my schedule
    Monday Run 30 min
    Tue Group Power class AM (weight lifting class to music)
    Wed 30 mile bike ride, 1 hour belly dance class
    Thurs 30 mile bike ride
    Fri Run (I walked today instead cause my legs hurt!)
    Sat 40 mile bike ride
    Sun Swim 1 hour

I am sure the biking two nights in a row is not the best plan, but that's when my friends ride and I have motivation to ride.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    No:laugh: No:grumble: No:noway: No:frown: But have fun!