What are you having for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites, zucchini, spinach kale and a portabella mushroom with a big dash of cayenne. Small almond milk shake with blueberries and vanilla with chia seeds & golden flax... 178 calories but gives me bookoos of energy til lunch !
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1 whole peach, including skin (chopped)
    1/2 c vanilla Greek yogurt
    1/8 c quick oats
    1/4 tbsp. ground flaxseed
    1/4 tsp cinnamon

and my usual cup of coffee with almond milk

I like your thinking..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Today was a run day, so breakfast was oatmeal with honey, walnuts, bananas (sometimes peaches, berries, etc), cinnamon, tossed in some protein powder, and half & half. Usually I add plain Greek yogurt but I'm out! :grumble: Not sure how I let that happen.... LOL
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Cocoa wheats with razzle dazzle white chocolate peanut butter mixed in and dark chocolate granola. Oh, and hot chocolate.
  • 55sc
    55sc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just like most days.
    One slice of whole wheat bread, toasted
    3 slices of Canadian Bacon
    Large glass of skim milk

A couple of hours later, a couple of servings of fruit, today it was about a cup of grapes.
  • elandralee
    elandralee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My bagel sandwich:
    Thomas whole grain bagel thin
    A little kraft fat free shredded cheese
    Jennie O turkey bacon (2 slices)
    1 jumbo egg
    283 delicous calories :)
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Black beans
    poached egg
    fried plantains
    cottage cheese
    whole wheat bread.

As close as I could get to a regular Guatemalan breakfast.
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just came across this informative paper about having your highest caloric intake in the morning:

http://genetics.doctorsonly.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Jakubowicz-at-al-Obesity-2013-oby20460.pdf

So on a 1200-calorie diet, I'm now going to eat about 500 calories for breakfast, 400 calories for lunch and daytime snack, and 300 calories for dinner and evening snack.

This morning I had: half a cup (before cooking) of plain 5-grain hot cereal with a raw peach cut up in it, one salt-free brown rice cake with a (measured) tablespoon of peanut butter, one hard boiled egg (no salt) and 9 ripe raw cherries. And black coffee.

I feel so full, it's great!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, two pieces of whole wheat toast, cup of 1% milk and coffee
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    5 pieces of bacon, cocoa wheats with vega chocolate protein powder on a whole wheat bagel...coffee with hazelnut creamer
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I alternate between a smoothie or yogurt with fruit.

Smoothie:
    1 banana
    1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
    1 scoop of vega one nutrition shake powder
    POM pomegranate juice
    Water

1 serving of Liberte plain yogurt (either Greek or probiotic yogurt), sliced strawberries, blueberries and 2 tablespoons of Qia superfood buckwheat, hemp and chia dry cereal.

The main thing is to make sure you have a nutritious breakfast and to get enough protein to kick start your metabolism for the day!