Too lazy to exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that I am not active enough. And that I am lazy.
    But I have some (good) excuses.
    I have a 6 year old and a 3 month old, and I am a single mother who works full time. So finding the time is problem number 1. I have been thinking about getting up a half hour earlier in the mornings (sigh) and working out but problem number 2 is that I'm not sure what exercises to start with. I have a mini trampoline....and I could buy some hand weights. I also have a yoga video...
    Any suggestions? Something easy to start with. I had a c-section 3 months ago and I haven't exercised in years so I need to start out slow.
    Thanks for any advice!

Mini trampoline..............I use Leslie Sansone (Walk At Home) DVDs with my rebounder. She does simple moves that I can sub for rebounder moves. Example....she marches in place.....I just bounce.....she does side steps....I do a side-to-side jumping thingie. I use a video so I can "workout with others"....ha ha.....and it has music with a good pace.

YouTube has lots of rebounder workouts to get ideas on different moves.....

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bellicon+rebounder+workout
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    God bless you. You have the hardest job in the world. I have two kids and work full time, but I'm married, so I can't even imagine how you do. Hats off to you.

What time do the little ones go to bed? You can fit in at least 30 minutes of exercise after they fall asleep. I put my 1 year old and 4 year old to bed starting at 7:00pm and 7:30pm and usually am free by 8:30pm.

Personally I built a home gym in my garage (craigslist) with power cage, bench, oly weights, etc. I just flip on the baby monitor and I'm good to go.

Good luck OP! :flowerforyou:
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I first joined the gym I never wanted to go. I am lazy too. After a little while I realized I looked forward to it because it is MY time without worrying about what's going on at home. I would really try to find one with a daycare. If it really isn't possible for you find some online workout videos and maybe let your child do them with you. My son has always loved working out with me.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Get up and dance. Take time while they are napping to sqeeze in some weight lifting. Get more into your house work. Put on some music and make the best of what time yourself you do have. Lay on the floor and lift that 3 month old up and play and work out at the same time. In time you will start liking moving and getting in some exercise. Put on a video while they are napping and push yourself a little further each time you do it and before you know it you will be doing it like a pro and it won't seem so hard any more. Who knows you may even look forward to doing your exercise. Try to remember that you want this and it will take some work, but as often as possible it can be fun.

I hope the best for you and that you do get a chance to do something for yourself. Taking care of you helps to take care of others. You can do this just give yourself a pep talk before you start get pumped up and just do it with out going over the list of reasons why you can't I know I was there before with the same valid reasons why not to do any exercise. I have two girls ages 7 and 9 now, but I started a while back when they where smaller. I did the things I suggested that you do. It helps to have some support and I hope you have some. If you want add me as a friend. Regardless I hope you do well and get moving. :drinker: Oops I almost forgot go for walks each day with the kids.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 4 kids that I homeschool. Somebody is in my face 24/7. I make 30 min during the day. I tell them to buzz off. Get your wee ones occupied with something. If they interrupt your workout, pause it and then get back.

I don't want to sound mean, but lazy isn't a legitimate excuse. I'm as lazy as they come, but I make myself move everyday. LORD I don't want to sometimes!!! You have to want it bad enough. Walk with the baby in the stroller. Exercise during the baby's nap. Make it happen. Even if it's just three 10-min sessions. Or 6 five minute ones. You are a mother! That makes you inherently strong. Grab the strength and make it happen. A healthy mommy is a better mommy. :smile:
    O.k. I have made my own reply, but I have to say this lady is right on with a great answer for you. So in a nut shell we can be lazy, but we can do this and for our health sake and for our love ones and even more importantly for our own sake we should do this. So no more excuses o.k., because you can do this. I am so excited for you I hope you keep us posted on your progress.:happy:
  • Dentice143
    Dentice143 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    karenj_m wrote: »
    There is some good workout programs on youtube. Look up fitness blender its free and they have great info and videos for you to follow

Love this site!!!