Smelly Shaker Cup

Options
skeo
skeo Posts: 471 Member
Not sure where to put this post but, I forgot to wash out one of my shaker cups that had a bit of protein left in it and now it smells like death. Instead of throwing it out and buying yet another cup, are there any remedies to get the smell out? I have left it soaking in soapy water for a few hours, let it air dry..nada :indifferent:

any ideas?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    short of bleaching the cup, that smell is there for good
  • skeo
    Options
    Yeah, I can't tolerate that :sick: ..new cup it is.:yawn:
  • Radmomdo91
    Radmomdo91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That smell never goes haha just drink fast
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    :sick: I left a cup under my truck seat for a week in the summer. I know that smell.

I soaked it in bleach water and scrubbed the crap out of it. I then ran it in the dishwasher for a few cycles and its good to go.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    is this the first time you've noticed it? mine stink even if i wash them immediately after mixing a shake

i wouldnt get a new one, it'll happen again. plus, it doesnt effect the taste and unless you stick your nose right in there its not noticeable
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    fill it with Apple cider vinegar overnight and then run it through the diswasher.
  • skeo
    Options
    is this the first time you've noticed it? mine stink even if i wash them immediately after mixing a shake

i wouldnt get a new one, it'll happen again. plus, it doesnt effect the taste and unless you stick your nose right in there its not noticeable

This is the first time, because it was sitting for a week in my car, haha. I usually drink my protein and home and rinse it right away, but this time I guess the cup rolled out of my bag and I just never realized it. So the Texas summer heat plus that; it smells horrible.