chest fat for guys (moobs)

Options
2»

Replies

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    These are from a stomach thread sorry that I am wearing a shirt in the before pics, but you couldn't pry a shirt off of me in front of a camera when I was overweight.

jFji2Y1.jpg

RNnPv9U.jpg

Yes I had moobs, no doubt when you drop the weight and develop your chest the appearance will improve but it is an issue of things like skin elasticity and how extreme your moobs are tbh. You can not spot reduce fat, but you can target your chest muscles with strength training. Time will tell but I have seen plenty of extraordinary transformations on here that did not require surgery and the only people who were the wiser were the people who had lost the weight.

It is very dependant on the shape you are in now or gotten to and what your goal physique is.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    No one has asked, so I will.

What is your diet like? And how much cardio do you do?

You can't expect results if you have a poor diet and only lift weights.

My diet was based around IIFYM...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Cardio? Not an excessive amount 3 times a week, half an hour a session.

You can not outperform a poor diet, in the sense of it is an issue of more energy expended than consumed.

You can only lift weights, plenty of people do and have extraordinary results, you have to pick an exercise regime you enjoy thus being able to adhere to, but strength training will both help you maintain lbm and develop your chest as the OP thread was about.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    My moobs are FINALLY starting to get a bit smaller--after a 245+ pound loss. You can't pick where the fat comes off, unfortunately.
    Just wanted to say that is an amazing weight loss, very inspirational!

eFxcBHH.png
  • mkfoster9
    mkfoster9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First off, I'd like to say that I understand there is no such thing as spot fat reduction. I'm in college right now and have always been fat. I've also always had self-esteem issues from being mocked about having a fat chest (moobs) growing up. It's probably a minor thing but when you're changing for gym class in elementary school and guys grab your chest commenting on how nice your boobs look, the memory pretty much stays permanent (at least in my case). I understand there are medical conditions and prescription drugs that can cause moobs to form, but I don't think that's the case here. I was wondering if the guys out there had any success with losing your moobs as you got fitter? It's going to sound weird, but any guys have pics? I've lost four inches off my waist and it doesn't feel like my chest has gotten any smaller. I'm very concerned that I'll end up with a flatter stomach but still have this huge saggy chest.

rather than focus on your chest, build a proportionate back and shoulders in the gym.

And remember what nice guy eddie says in SLCPunk - "it's not that they're giving you *kitten* about ____, It's that they're giving you *kitten*"

it may be that a little bit of fat on your chest won't go all the way away. There are guys in the UFC and WWE that have fat on their chests, maybe over a big pec, maybe not, but the key is if your weight is healthy and you feel good, don't let cosmetic stuff rent too much space in your head.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!