Feeling stressed about holidays!

Options
Hi all,

First time posting and a newbie in MFP. I joined MFP last year but never really used it till last month when I thought enough is enough and has been on it religiously since then and already seen results. The challenge now is that me and my husband are going on a one-week holiday in rural France. I have absolutely no idea how to calculate local food's calories and as it 's going to be a group holidays (wedding) with lots of eating out , I feel already lost. Normally throughout the day, I buy things that have their calories calculated or search for them in MFP.

I'm very motivated now and have seen amazing results by changing my lifestyle and monitoring my food options for healthy ones. But then there has been times that I thought it's a green salad and not too much calories, but as soon as I added it to my diary, the count has gone upto 350-400! So I'm quite skittish about estimating food calories!

I'm on 1200 calories per day and I try to have at least 3 exercise days per week. I was 143Ibs when I started last month and now I'm down to 134Ibs and my weight goal is 120Ibs (which I was, 3 year ago before I start my postgrads).

Any advice/thoughts are highly welcomed!

Many thanks,
Jorfil

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Someone once said to me, "It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year's that's the problem. It's what you eat between New Year's and Christmas!"

This sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned. Don't deprive yourself of any of the festivities. But you don't need to eat everything in site. Keep portion control in mind. Fill up on veggies and water, so you won't overeat the more calorie dense foods. Get some exercise in when ever you can.. A walk in the countryside will be an excellent choice.

Also, for the decadent foods that you may experience, taste it, enjoy it, but you don't need to eat the whole thing.

But most of all, enjoy! You never know when you will get such a great opportunity to do it again.
  • thinsports
    Options
    How often do you get to go on a romantic weekend in the countryside of France! You only get to live once, eat what you want, pick healthy choices, and enjoy your week!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Oh nice, another 1200 calorie thread. I wonder how that works out.
  • Jorfil
    Jorfil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I get what you mean? obviously you've been on MFP longer than me with more thread/forum experience! 1200 calories was the calculation I got from MFP when I logged in my current weight and goal weight. I've been on it for a month and can see that I'm not starving and just eat when I need. I'm not here for a crash weight loss but a lifestyle change and so far it has been a satisfying calorie goal.
  • Jorfil
    Options
    Oh nice, another 1200 calorie thread. I wonder how that works out.

I'm not sure if I get what you mean? obviously you've been on MFP longer than me with more thread/forum experience! 1200 calories was the calculation I got from MFP when I logged in my current weight and goal weight. I've been on it for a month and can see that I'm not starving and just eat when I need. I'm not here for a crash weight loss but a lifestyle change and so far it has been a satisfying calorie goal
  • Jorfil
    Options
    Thank you very much guys, yes I'm not going to deprive myself, just wanted to keep the habit of counting calories. I guess my best friend is a "guess" and of course opting for the healthy options more :smile: