I feel like crap! When will my body adjust?

Options
2»

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up so that along with eating the calories it gives you-you need to eat back your exercise calories!
    I eat back 1/2 to all of them back depending in my hunger levels. You will still be in deficit and still lose weight!
  • Emloves89
    Options
    Did you happen to give up diet soda? When I did that, I had a horrible reaction. It made my head foggy and in constant pain for a few days. It was quite miserable, but once I go through that everything was fine. This may not be your situation, and not everyone reacts the way I did, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case it may help you.

I just gave up regular soda. I used to also drink a lot of juice. I mean a lot. That may be why I'm craving sugar.
  • Emloves89
    Options
    Instead of dropping your calorie intake from whatever it was to 1500, you could take a slower approach. E.g. eat what you used to eat before today, and then everyday, drop by 100 calories until you reach 1500 to give your body time to adjust.
    That may be it also. When using noom, I didn't notice it had me at "maintain" my weight. It told me to eat 1900. I would often go over. Now I'm at 1500 and may be doing it too quickly.

Thank you all so much for your help. It really does help!
  • Emloves89
    Options
    you should also try walking on the street rather than the treadmill , treadmill does give you some workout but never as good as the streets. just walk every day religiously! dont give up. do it everyday and also try going plant strong diet. If you have a Wholefoods where you live they give free classes on how to eat and they cook samples in classes so you can see how they taste.

I like walking outside, too. I take my dog with me, but he's a bit difficult to walk :)

Not giving up anytime soon! :)
  • Emloves89
    Options
    MFP is set up so that along with eating the calories it gives you-you need to eat back your exercise calories!
    I eat back 1/2 to all of them back depending in my hunger levels. You will still be in deficit and still lose weight!
    So, if my calorie goal is 1500, and I burn 300 calories during a workout, I should eat 150 more calories? Totaling 1,650 that day?
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Eating less than bmr will make u tired.
    U should create deficit above bmr
  • kerrymaas
    kerrymaas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After a workout you have about a 45 minute window to consume protein (typically a protein shake with at least 30gr protein) and add some type of sugar (like a tbls of chocolate syrup to your protein shake) to cause a glycogen surge so the protein is 'forced' to your muscles for quicker recovery and help reduce soreness, fatigue and cramping. One issue with MFP is the caloric daily break down (percentages and total intake) of protein. Just to maintain the muscle mass you have your body requires 1gr of protein per pound of body weight per day (i.e. if you weigh 150# you need to consume 150gr of protein daily). To gain muscle mass you require 2gr of protein per pound of body weight per day. The more muscle mass (lean) you have the higher your caloric burn will be when exercising...even just walking; plus it takes more energy (calories) to metabolize protein than carbs or fats. Casein protein is one of the best forms of protein especially for that last 'snack' for the night. Cottage cheese is a great source of casein protein...you just have to be careful in what kind you buy, obviously you don't want anything high in fat or sodium. It takes about 6-8hrs to metabolize casein protein so consuming some before bed keeps your metabolic rate up while you're sleeping. Hope this helps...:smile:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I believe my BMR is 2082...

Unless you're a 6'1" male, that's likely a significant over-estimate.

Take 500 off of that number and try again.

EDIT: Just read that you're 5'4". Take 750 off of that number.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people feel tired and headachey the first week or two of lowering their calories. It goes away. You can rule out caffeine withdrawal easily enough-- have a small amount and see if the headache goes away right away. It won't put you backward. Just wean down.
  • Emloves89
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation about protein. I really don't see how I can eat 285 grams of protein though :(

I keep freaking out thinking it's my blood sugar, but when I check it it's always normal. It's so frustrating. I'll try adding a bit of caffeine. I hope that helps!

Hang in there body, I'm trying to get you healthy!