SHORT LADIES (I'm 5'3") What's your daily calorie intake???

Options
2»

Replies

• americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'3"

I have my caloric intake at 1650/day.

I recommend using this website to determine your numbers more accurately:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

It gives you your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - How many calories your body would burn in one day if you don't move a muscle all day)

Your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) - An estimate of how many calories you burn in one day based on your average daily activity.

My BMR is about 1540 (the MFP calculator gives me 1570 calories - just slightly above the BMR,) and my TDEE falls somewhere between 1800 and 2200 calories on an average day with a workout, and higher if I'm more active than usual.

Anyways as long as I eat MORE THAN my BMR and LESS THAN my TDEE, then I'm good. I chose 1650 because it seems like a nice happy in between spot between 1540 and 1800 - and I know from experience that if I have a particularly active day, I can eat a few extra hundred calories, but not if I've been sitting all day and don't work out. :tongue:
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Also if you're not already lifting, I recommend adding a bit of weight-lifting to your regimen. It feels great and the the burn doesn't JUST go on during the workout, it continues afterwards and into the next day. Then you have more muscle to work for you during your cardio. It's good stuff.
  • sagreenious
    sagreenious Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 34. I aim for 1450 a day if I'm not exercising. Between 1800-2200 if I exercise.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    mine is set at 1780, and set to drop 1lb per week. i try not to eat back my exercise calories because my weight loss has been disgustingly slow and painful so far.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I eat 1500 to 1900 calories a day.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    5'2'' as 1200. Not losing that fast.
    I'm not that active. I go shopping and do a little housework, but mostly I sit at the computer a lot.
    I burn 100 calories at night doing a dance video.