What is your motivation? How do you discipline yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Obviously, the hardest thing in this journey is getting up and going to the gym as well as stopping yourself from eating unhealthy foods (or eating in moderation..which I think is twice as hard)

As a newbie, I'd love to know what tips for motivation and discipline you would have for me.

I make it as easy as possible.

Instead of the gym, I work out at home to DVDs (T25 and/or Jillian Michaels this year). Saved me the gym membership or making excuses not to go to the gym because I only have to walk to the living room!

I prep food a couple of times a week so that I just have to grab it and go.

I also take progress pics every month or three. In the same bikini.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    emotions
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    when i first started i had signed up for a Spartan race. i used that as motivation to get out and train, having a date and a purpose for training definitely helped me stay on track.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This sounds so juvenile, but I give myself rewards based on points systems.

I keep a jar with those glass pebbles in it and put one in for different things

- burning more than 200 calories
    - staying on track for a certain amount of time
    - logging daily
    - lossing a pound

Once I get to a certain amount of pebbles I give myself a reward…I go out for frozen yogurt (but only get sugar free or fat free with lots of fruit), get a new color of OP nail polish, buy a cute dress when I lose a certain amount of weight, my biggest one is a new tattoo when I get to my goal weight. I sounds silly, but I like it because it keeps me on track and allows me to treat myself.

this is a great idea - I am going to try it!