Would you classify this as circuit training?

Options
SherryRH
SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
On Mondays and Thursdays and sometimes Saturday I take a class (Fast and Furious) at my gym. It is a mix of cardio and weight training. Would you classify that as a circuit work out?

I also do a boot camp on Mon, Wed, and Friday mornings. We do different things and sometimes I have a hard time trying to input that exercise. Do you think it would be better just wear my hrm and calculate my calories that way and put them in? I am really bad about putting in my exercise calories and therefore I don't eat them :blushing: and I think that is why my progess is slow. :ohwell:

Replies

• SherryRH
    Options
    On Mondays and Thursdays and sometimes Saturday I take a class (Fast and Furious) at my gym. It is a mix of cardio and weight training. Would you classify that as a circuit work out?

I also do a boot camp on Mon, Wed, and Friday mornings. We do different things and sometimes I have a hard time trying to input that exercise. Do you think it would be better just wear my hrm and calculate my calories that way and put them in? I am really bad about putting in my exercise calories and therefore I don't eat them :blushing: and I think that is why my progess is slow. :ohwell:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that you will see the difference once you start putting in your exercise calories and eating them. It's critical that you do that especially if you do F&F 2 to 3 days a week, and boot comp 3 days a week, that's a lot of calories burnt.

I would wear my HRM if I was you, because it is much more accurate than just estimating on the site. If you have a HRM...use it.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    Gosh, I don't know, it sounds like it to me, but I am no expert. I would definitely be logging your excercise though, it really gives me a boost just to see it written down. Sometimes the instructors can even tell you how many calories a class will burn. I know our instructor does this (estimates) in my spinning class.
    Good luck!:wink:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Just use your HRM. Its so much easier. Especially because things vary. Like one day in my spin class I'll burn 850 calories, and then at the next one I'll only burn like 550. And both are an hour long. But if I put spinning and the time into this thing, it'll pump out the same number of calories all the time.
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    My HRM only gives me my average HR and the length of time excercised. I must have the Low Budget HRM :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    Options
    My HRM only gives me my average HR and the length of time excercised. I must have the Low Budget HRM :laugh:

Mine may be the same. I may have to upgrade. I still haven't gotten the rest of mother's day present so I can tell the kids to get me that instead of the new cell phone. (Who needs to talk anyway?):laugh: