Words and phrases that kids come up with

Options
jnichel
jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
So, the wife and our two sons are sitting around watching a movie at home Sunday night, when a popcorn fight broke out. My 14yo threw a piece at his mom and it landed right in her cleavage. My 8yo, with a look of horror on his face, shouted out, "Eeewwww MOM! That landed right in your boob crack!"

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Boob crack...cute

My granddaughter saw a tornado on tv. She knew it was spinning round and said look at the rotado.
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    While putting a pink bow in her hair before she was to cheer for peewee football.
    Me: Being that it's October, do you know why you are all wearing pink?
    Daughter: Yes! To celebrate breast cancer!
    Me: So close baby but not quite.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    My 3yo asks for "pur" to drink. It is short for "purple juice" which is actually V8 Fusion grape.
  • yourlittleloretta
    Options
    :happy: I love the things kids come up with. I have a 5 yo boy. Two of my favorite so far have been:

A few months ago, we had just given him a bath and he was sitting on the counter in his bathroom so we can brush his teeth. I look over and he is poking at his junk and says in a very serious voice, "Mom. My balls are dead." He was so serious and worried. I had to explain to him that they were, in fact, not dead and that it was ok that they looked a bit wrinkly. Sometimes being a single mom is interesting. :huh:

About a year ago, him and a friend were wrestling around in a small pool. He play-slammed his friend and said, "Why don'tcha go home and cry to your mustard granny?!" I have no idea what a mustard granny is supposed to be but we caught it on video and it is the cutest thing.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My 6 year old at the time refused to put his banana down to blow his nose. When I insisted this was his answer, "Mom I know we are all Roses (my last name), but our first name isn't all Nancy. So I'm going to do it my way. OK?" My response was to bite my lip hard, and walk out of the room, lock myself in my bedroom, die laughing. Then pray to God in the heavens above, because I am going to need his help! I GAVE BIRTH TO A MALE VERSION OF ME!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My coworker took his 5 (or 6?) year old to his first NBA game. The music is pretty loud and you can feel the bass vibrating the chairs. He turns to his dad and says, Dad! My privates are dancing.

LOL
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is really a word or phrase... but one day I was on my way home after picking the mini-me up from day care (she is 3) we passed by a car accident... well anyway, she proceeded to tell her daddy that there had been people who had a pee-pee accident on the road. She equates car accidents with have pee accidents in the car...
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    My son Nicholas was turning 13. He came up to his dad and me and said...now that I am a young man I feel I should be able to add *kitten* and azz to my vocabulary to further express myself...what can you say to that.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    My son Nicholas was turning 13. He came up to his dad and me and said...now that I am a young man I feel I should be able to add *kitten* and azz to my vocabulary to further express myself...what can you say to that.

I have a 14yo who would come up with stuff like that. About a month or so ago, he was asking for an increase in his allowance, and I told him that one has to work more to make more. My wife started suggesting new jobs he can do around the house and he replied with, "Umm, can you say that again? All I heard was, 'blah, blah, blah, child labor'."
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    5 year old nephew - We were driving in typical horrible Orlando traffic - car cuts in, no blinker - he says "Hey that car just skipped us!" So we shall tell the officer next time we are pulled over for cuttting someone off - **No Officer we did not cut them off, we just "Skipped" them.....ROFLLMAO :bigsmile:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    my neighbors son told her his teacher had to leave school because she was sick,

his mother asked "What happened to her"?

her son said...

I dunno, I think she had a spaz attack...

:bigsmile:
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My daughter was playing the Simms.. I was watching her and a little confused .. I said What are you doing? She said: I am being a kleptomatic.... my 18 year old son read the profile and it said she was a kleptomaniac.. Hell.. I told them to figure out how to change that characteristic..NOW
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Walking through the club to the pool one day the boy stated:
    Boy: So when you get married you get a baby.
    Me: Um not necessarily some married people don't have babies
    Boy: Well how do you get the baby at the wedding?
    Me: Someone give it to you as a gift.

Of course one of my skating friends who happened to be there overheard this entire exchange and thought it hilarious!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My son did miserably on a test in fifth grade.

My husband was upset and said....

"Doesn't it bother you to do so poorly" ?

my son said:

"Naah, I don't let it ruin my day....".
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    One time when my big sister was about 12, she bumped her hip quite hard and it was really sore, and she turned to my mum and I and said, 'I think I've misplaced my pelvis!' She meant dislocated, we were in stitches. She's now in her 30s and to this day, mum and I occasionally joke about her misplaced pelvis being under the kitchen table.