Eating Bread

Options
If I stay within my calorie limit for the day, do you think it is a good idea to eat bread ONCE a day everyday or at least 4 times a wk. I have found a wheat hamburger bun that is 80 calories. I love sandwiches, and to stick to my lifestyle change I am trying to adjust the things I like to eat (cravings) so I won't give up and go to the sandwich fast food places...I know it's a weakness right now for me:smile: I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yes! Eat bread!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I LOVE toast. With LOTS of butter. I'm trying to figure out how to fit it in at least a few times a week, because I love toast and tea. Basically, I have to cut something else that's high in carbs or sugar if I want toast.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with bread. Just be cognizant of the calories.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You know what's better than eating bread? Making bread... and then eating it! Seriously, four ingredients and approximately 10 minutes worth of work gets you a warm and delicious loaf of fresh bread!
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You know what's better than eating bread? Making bread... and then eating it! Seriously, four ingredients and approximately 10 minutes worth of work gets you a warm and delicious loaf of fresh bread!

Dang straight!! But then it's hard to not eat it all
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If I stay within my calorie limit for the day, do you think it is a good idea to eat bread ONCE a day everyday or at least 4 times a wk. I have found a wheat hamburger bun that is 80 calories. I love sandwiches, and to stick to my lifestyle change I am trying to adjust the things I like to eat (cravings) so I won't give up and go to the sandwich fast food places...I know it's a weakness right now for me:smile: I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section

Lifestyle change = permanent change.

Whole wheat is great.....extra fiber and protein. I like my bread too and won't give it up forever.

I make fast food a once in awhile thing....not everyday....not even every week.....just once in awhile. That way I pick out the "thing" I'm really craving. Just make room for it in your diary.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for everyone thoughts...you know the so-called "medical doctors" were telling me I have to stop eating bread so much because it bloats you and I will never loose weight...then I thought about my progress and thought maybe they have a point.
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an english muffin almost every morning and I'm fine so far. I think as long as you don't overdo it on bread you should be fine. Everything in moderation, right? :drinker:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Bread is ok if it fits in your daily macros and you can stop. I eat sandwich thins because I love them.
    I also get bakery bread because I love it, however you have to weigh it because the servings are 1/8 of a loaf or 56 grams. (whatever is on the label)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I eat it, but have to watch the calories. English muffins aren't too bad, and if I make a burger at home, I use the 80 calorie rolls. Some of the premium store breads are very high calorie. Pepperidge Farm and Arnold make these great whole grain "farmhouse" breads, but at 110-120 a slice, a sandwich puts me over the limit. Usually, I just make half a sandwich and use extra meat.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Oh gosh yes!! :drinker: