Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Frustrated

It seems as I get older, it gets harder and harder to lose weight. Four years ago, I remember losing 25 lbs in six weeks, simply from eating healthy, and busting butt every day walking two miles, and drinking a good amount of water. I'm 33 now, took a couple weeks off and ate like crap, came back as of four days ago, been walking, drinking my water, eating well - and watching my weight do nothing but rise.

I have no idea what's going on. I eat like crap, my weight pretty much stays the same, maybe gain a pound, which was surprising it was only that much, given my binge. Now I'm back on the wagon, and I'm watching it climb. I've been doing well for four days now, and each day, the number just goes up. I don't know what gives!

Don't worry - I don't plan on giving up. Not for a long shot. But seriously, it makes me scratch my head and wonder wtf I'm doing wrong? Eating too many carbs? Should I eat more veggies?

I've been under a lot of stress just in my personal life, the last year or so. Exercise has been a good deterrent, but it just doesn't feel like it's enough. Maybe this is hindering things. All I know is I got on the scale this morning after four days of feeling like a rockstar, only to see a two pound *gain*. Bleh.

Replies

• kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Some times when you switch your diet or start an excercise program it kind of shocks your body and it will retain water. Just keep doing what you've been doing and you should the scale starting going down!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    I would definitely not give up hope. Everyone's body is different. You should definitely notice some changes soon if you are staying under calories and exercising.....and the water!!!
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    You might feel ;like you are gaining because the number on the scale isnt going down but since you are walking and being more active, you might be gaining muscle!

You'll do great just keep it up! Try carrying some weight while you walk (cans of soup will work!)
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Maybe vary up your diet?? I found I was staying the same after awhile of eating the same foods..I've been trying to eat a more balanced diet..I've also switched up my workout to trying some strength training and different cardio. I'm hoping that might help :-) Keep at it!! If you're making changes like that I'm sure you'll see a difference soon. Have you tried measuring?? You may be losing inches without losing lbs (it sounds nuts but it DOES happen)! That encourages me when that scale isn't budging :-)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Definitely stick with it! Sometimes the body is hard to understand... I took a peek at your food diary and would definitely recommend eating more veggies!! Since you're eating a bit of processed foods (cheeses, instant oatmeal, starbucks, etc.) I would recommend tracking your sodium - for me it can make or break a week. Make sure you drink enough water, as well. I can eat wonderfully, but if I don't drink enough water it's harder for my body to drop the weight, for some reason. It doesn't look like you're tracking your water right now, so I don't know if this may be an issue for you or not.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    Personally, I think it's the two week break catching up with you. I know with me that it can take several days before I see weight gain after eating stuff I shouldn't be eating. Everyone's body reacts differently to what you eat.

I'm glad you're not giving up. That's fantastic.