Treadmill Vs Road Running

Options
2»

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    So would you think I'm best going back to walk/run to keep up the exercise rather than progressing on my path to get to the 5k?

Step back for one session and see how you feel, you might be confident to move on once you've experienced it.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i agree that the treadmill is softer but the right shoes should hopefully mitigate this

personally find the same distance to be somehow easier on the road then a treadmill, i guess maybe because i have limited experience with the tread mill and moving and a set, constant pace somehow pisses me off lol
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I hate the dreadmill. But be careful making that transition!!!
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start running I tried running outdoors and could hardly run for 2 mins ???? but tried it on treadmill and ran for 30 mins first time.

So I think I'm going to just run outdoors now as it is harder to do.
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I used to run on a treadmill lubylu but now run outside and much prefer it. My only bit of advice is if your shoes are fine you will be okay. I'd also run at a slower pace, as running outside makes me naturally run faster.
    Hey, try it and if it doesn't work scrap it and start again next week on the treadmill. You've lost nothing that way!