I want Pizza!

HOOVEY17
HOOVEY17 Posts: 59 Member
edited September 18 in Recipes
Any healthy alternatives that will help with this craving?

Replies

• HOOVEY17
    Any healthy alternatives that will help with this craving?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    You can have pizza, just make it thin crust with tons of veggies and light sauce and cheese. That's how we have pizza now.

OR

You could make a pizza with a flat-out wrap as the crust, toast it in the oven or toaster oven until it's a little crispy, and then put pizza sauce, cheese and veggies on it. I do this a lot for lunch because it cuts down on a lot of the calories from regular pizza, and it's like having your own personal pizza.

I'm sure lots of people will have lots of suggestions for you!!!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    ME TOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alternatives just don't cut it for me, but if I have to I will get the Lean Cuisine BBQ chicken pizzas. They arn't horrible. I set a goal of really healthy eating for 30days, then I can have my super cheesy pizza, I haven't made that 30 days yet...:sad:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    My favorite substitute so far is pita pizzas. Take a pita, put some tomato sauce on it. Top with your favorite cheese ( I use fresh mozzarella and Cabot 75% reduced fat cheddar) and chicken. Cook in the oven until crispy.

Delish!!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Make sure you are careful with your choices. I definitely should practice what I preach though because this morning I ate two pieces of leftover pizza (my fiance had craving last night when I was done eating for the day)
    Those two pieces were 820 calories, normally what I do is I eat one piece with a big salad but I messed up big time though and now have to plan out the rest of my meals really carefully and this sucks. I regret eating it already!
    If you do get pizza stick to veggie pizza and blot the top with a paper towel to take off extra oil. Make sure you have something else on the side (that is healthy, ie. No wings) to fill up on. Good luck.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    I just had a lean cuisine pizza. I actually feel like I was naughty.....but the calories don't lie!!! and it was tastey!!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Thomas light english muffin, couple tablespoons low sugar spaghetti sauce, cabot 75% reduced fat cheese, hormel turkey pepperoni, any veggies you like - I eat this regularly!:smile:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Once you're full, you won't be craving quite so much.......... so, fill up on low calorie stuff and then have a bite.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    I take a whole wheat tortilla, brush it with sauce, then top with low fat mozz, veggies and turkey sausage. This this filling and curb my cravings for Pizza
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    try thinner crust and less cheese or if you make it yourself get low fat cheese and vegetables to fill you up.
    I'm with you pizza is my absolutely favorite food besides pasta. I seriously could eat eat every day. I'm from New york so our pizza is great and so readily available. When I checked the calories it was like 400 a slice!!!!!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    I take a whole wheat tortilla, brush it with sauce, then top with low fat mozz, veggies and turkey sausage. This this filling and curb my cravings for Pizza

Thats EXACTLY what I do, though normally i use a mix of mozzarella and parmesean.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member

Thats EXACTLY what I do, though normally i use a mix of mozzarella and parmesean.

Yummy!!! I'm going to have to try it with Mozz & Parm next time.
  • HOOVEY17
    I was good and just had a salad for lunch, I am going to make my own pizza for dinner! Thanks for all of the suggestions, they sound great!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Totinos Pizza rolls....I make just 1 or 2...and it seems to curb the cravings. Granted I'll eat some thing healthy too...but, it helps with the pizza flavor craving:smile:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Forget alternatives...I say workout and build up the calories so that you can enjoy one or two slices of your favorite pizza!! At least, that's the method to my madness!
    22896.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Forget alternatives...I say workout and build up the calories so that you can enjoy one or two slices of your favorite pizza!! At least, that's the method to my madness!
    22896.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

That's what I'm talking about!!!! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.