How to maintain

Options
I'm 45 yrs old, 5'4" 135.8lbs (almost at goal of 135) but wear a kids size 16 pants. To maintain without any exercise would mean consuming 1540 calories and right now I am at 1090 and it is after supper. Some days I do a little better and can hit that 1500 mark, but my net calories are never there. I wear a fitbit which syncs my steps which average between 7-10 thousand per day. I want to start going to the gym, but struggle due to feeling light headed and I know this is due to lack of calories. It is hard to take in enough calories when you must be 100% gluten free, 90% dairy free (I can tolerate the amount in most packaged food, just not the obvious dairy), no banana, strawberries, tomato based products, no pickled products due to medical dx of MCAD. Ideas on how to maintain, anyone. I am starting to look very top heavy as I have lost every where except my breast cup size (positive as far as hubby is concerned but rough on my back).

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    What about adding healthy fats such as avocados, nuts, nut butters? Whole grains such as rice/oats/quinoa should help as a carb source to fuel workouts.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    That's a tough diet. Protein sounds like your friend.

I normally suggest nuts, beans, and rice. Anything legume and rice have a lot of calories. Any healthy fat has a lot of calories - including all nuts). I find foods like boiled eggs really happy too.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I should have added quinoa and other grains as well.
  • davinarn
    Options
    Thank you for the ideas, I'll try them. Some days the diet is worse than others days.