what constitutes a cheat day?

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
I heard of people talking about these (dangerous for me so I avoid them) but am wondering if this means going over your allotted calorie limit OR staying in your calorie limit but just eating things you have cut out of your diet?

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    For me, it was staying within my weekly calories, but going over daily. HOWEVER, a cheat day meant macros went out the window.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    ^
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    For me a cheat day is just a cheat meal on Saturday night when we go out to dinner.
    I usually go over by a couple to 300 calories and sometimes more.
    I allow whatever I want in my eating so no forbidden foods.
  • meganhertz
    meganhertz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is probably pretty bad in comparison to other people. I eat a lot. I eat things that definitely go over my calorie limit, but having a cheat day a week makes it so that I don't go off track. Its been 2 months and I still go back to my normal restricted calories after my cheat day and I'm down 12 pounds, so I think if it works for me its okay :)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    For me it just means I'm more concerned about not depriving myself of anything I usually have the willpower to walk away from.

I find that since I committed to being healthier that even my cheat days aren't as bad as my 'regular' days used to be
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    A cheat day for me means a cheat meal for dinner or lunch, maybe a dessert. I'll go over my daily intake by a few hundred calories. I keeps me in check so I don't crave something or binge later on.

My last cheat day I had a good day until dinner when I had a pasta, chicken, cheese, and broccoli bake with bread crumbs on the top. It was SOOOOOOO good. But now I don't want it and don't really want to stuff myself either. It reminds me that stuffing myself makes me feel sick and I don't like seeing the red when I go over calories.

:)
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    A rack of baby back ribs for breakfast, an ice cream cake for brunch, and launching into a full blown bender at the crack of noon.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    it is my understanding that it means different things for different people but my take on it is this: if you have to cheat then you are going about this all wrong. Why cheat???? You are only lying or cheating yourself in the end. Why not just eat what you like while making it as healthy but tasty as possible. I don't get cheating. Why not preplanning whatever you want to fit within your allowed calories?? Some people really look forward to their cheat meals. I get it. but why just go crazy and eat thousands of calories in one day. Seems counteractive to me. I hate the word diet but I hate the word cheating even more.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Who says a cheat say means blowing over 1000 cal? That's not a cheat day that's a binge
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    For me it was one day a month where I didn't track anything. I got to eat what I wanted, and however much of it I wanted. And I lost 20 pounds doing it.....