20kg lost and 20kg more to go!

Options
Hi everyone,

First I would like to thank all the awesome posts here, that help encourage me throughout my journey!

I am a Singaporean who got a scholarship to study in the US, Pittsburgh and I spent 3.5 years there getting my bachelors and masters and during that period, gained 15kg. Mainly from staying up late working on projects and snack at night, and from meeting alot of locals and befriending many Americans who simply loved good ole American food. I truly enjoyed my time there, but I have pledged to myself that I will not go back to my old ways.

I am 160cm or 5ft 3.

Being back in Singapore, it is a south east asian country/island and the portions of food is alot smaller. 1 out of 10 Singaporeans are obese, compared to the US whereby it is 1 out of 3. Hence, being overweight here is like taboo, people sometimes think you need serious help/ you're sick and you need immediate medical attention.

Clothes sizes here are alot smaller. I can wear a sized M shirt from Aerpostale but I fit into an XXL shirt of an Asian-sized shirt. Even my asian sized swim suit is 5XL.. whereas my Roxy swimsuit from Amazon was size 10. So as you can tell, it's a nightmare to find clothes for me. I'd walk into multiple clothing stores, unable to find clothes to fit me. There's no such thing as a plus sized clothing store in Singapore. Everyone is thin and slim. END OF STORY.

So... before I left for the US I weighed 73kg... and I returned back from the US Jan 2014, weighing 89kg.. unable to fit in any clothes from Singapore, but I did bring back alot of clothes that I bought in the US.

When I got back to Singapore, I decided enough was enough. So I read up and started to eat 1200 calories a day, at first it was difficult, but I managed to get used to it and now, I can comfortably eat 1200 calories a day. I'm never hungry and I walk 7km 10% incline at 6kph on a treadmill every morning.. I have signed up for a strength training class at my office gym and I start next week :D gotta start toning up!

I never thought that I would be able to hit my goal of 70kg and here I am already at 69.8kg!! :D I have 20 more kg to go and I can only imagine that I will get there in the time to come!

My accomplished GOALS :

[ x ] fit in US size 12 clothes : May 10th 2014

[ x] fit in US size 10 clothes :

[x ] hit 70kg :

ticker_zps51880b1b.png

400e3f45-6881-412f-ab05-4b749ededb73_zps2d1be21b.png

e492849b-f306-48fc-9fa5-5ef1e0912a5e_zps60751f5a.jpg

top pics I was 87+kg.. bottom pics I was 71kg left and 73kg on the right
64d72046-cc65-41ae-9820-7e5cf9c0f4de_zps33af16ce.jpg

20 more kg to go to my new goal of 50kg.. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!