Sparkpeople vs. My Fitness Pal?

Options
Which do you prefer? I've used both sites and both mobile apps, personally I prefer MFP, the format is so much easier to use and streamlined. Sparkpeople has a wealth of information, its just so much that its easy to get lost in it. If you've tried both which do you prefer?

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I used to use SP a couple years ago, but OMGosh, I love MFP so much more. SP is waaaaayyyyy too busy for me, and I found it hard to do anything on that site. MFP is much simpler, which I appreciate... everything up in the tabs at the top, no hunting around for it. Plus I like the community better here, and the FB-like newsfeed. =)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MFP! I am here everyday. I love all my friends here. I think the forums are easier to navigate as well. I have found such great motivation here! I wouldn't trade my MFP friends for anything! Everyone is so supportive, it's incredible and I know that plays a factor in how I do !
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    MFP hands down!
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Another thing I noticed is that Sparkpeoples calorie counts are a bit off and harder to find the accurate foods.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    MFP!!!!

I got emails with things that were almost cult-like from Sparkpeople and quickly deleted my membership.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I started out just looking for apps for tracking calories/exercise for my Itouch, and found MFP first. Downloaded it, then went to this online site, created a profile, and entered that day's food. Then, still looking around, I found Sparkpeople, and actually started a profile there too. I immediately figured out it was stupid to enter my daily food/exercise log on two sites, and I thought SP's site was too busy, too complicated, and I started getting e-mails like crazy too. So I deleted that account, and have been thrilled with MFP. I've gotten at least 2 other people on here too, and they both love it.
  • js775219
    Options
    MFP!!!!

I got emails with things that were almost cult-like from Sparkpeople and quickly deleted my membership.

That right there is why I don't like sparkpeople...they seem a little Jonestown to me...if you catch my drift ;)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I started out just looking for apps for tracking calories/exercise for my Itouch, and found MFP first. Downloaded it, then went to this online site, created a profile, and entered that day's food. Then, still looking around, I found Sparkpeople, and actually started a profile there too. I immediately figured out it was stupid to enter my daily food/exercise log on two sites, and I thought SP's site was too busy, too complicated, and I started getting e-mails like crazy too. So I deleted that account, and have been thrilled with MFP. I've gotten at least 2 other people on here too, and they both love it.

i was logging in here and at shape.com but i also realized it was too much work and stupid. lol. mfp is easy and has a wider choice of food and exercises
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

That right there is why I don't like sparkpeople...they seem a little Jonestown to me...if you catch my drift ;)
    [/quote]

How many calories are in the kool aid?

MFP!!! Definetly wins with me!