Questions for ladies with hourglass/top hourglass shapes?

Options
What are your measurements and what are your goal measurements?

I'm currently a top hourglass but I struggle a tad with my waistline but more so to do with lack of hip fat. But my hips are sorta almost close to 33.5 I'd be content with them if they were 34". 36/37-22-34 would be around my ideal measurements.

I'm a 36-23-33 currently but my waist bounces back and forth from 22 to 23. Depending on what I ate that week.

Also what are your problem areas you are working on?

I tend to focus on my waistline. My thighs get a little out of control but as long as I'm 100 lbs or under they tend to be slim it's just when I go over that they get like too big for my frame. But when I'm over that weight I tend have waistline issues. I mainly gain in my bust and butt and thighs in that order though with weight gain.

I've changed my diet it's helped tremendously on my waistline and staying 10 lbs slimmer. I cut back on fast food walked more and stopped drinking soda and less processed foods at home and more whole foods have really helped me stay satiated and helped me maintain a lower weight and waistline. Anyway what about you?

Also I'm interested in hearing from ladies with inverted triangle shapes

Replies

• TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Are you under 5' tall?

Please tell me you're under 5' tall.

Seriously.

Please.
  • mkatc87
    mkatc87 Posts: 6
    Options
    My current measurements are: 35, 24, 38.5.
    My goal measurements are: 34, 22, 36.

I'm also around 130 and 5'7" with a goal weight of 115ish. ????
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Are you under 5' tall?

Seriously.

Please.

I'm 5'1" like .5 inches. 5'1.5". 99.5 is a healthy weight for me. I can show you pics of when I was almost 110. Compared to now.
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    Options
    Ladies: Although BMI is not intended to measure an individual's overall health, please at least use it as a baseline and try to achieve and maintain good health, not just a tiny number on the scale.

Although there are some people who are healthy a little above or below a "normal" range, tmaking your long-term goal to be solidly in the "underweight" category is not healthy mentally or physically.

If you didn't know this, please educate yourself and make a good decision on how to view and treat your body.

If you did know this already, or already underweight and want to lose more, please seek help.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    I'm not underweight my bmi is above 18.5.....
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    Options
    Are you under 5' tall?

Seriously.

Please.

I'm 5'1" like .5 inches. 5'1.5". 99.5 is a healthy weight for me. I can show you pics of when I was almost 110. Compared to now.
    It is technically underweight, but close enough that it's probably not a huge deal as long as you have a healthy attitude toward properly fueling your body and taking care of your health.

If you just want to get smaller though, you need to focus on the fitness side rather than the number on the scale.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Are you under 5' tall?

Seriously.

Please.

It is technically underweight, but close enough that it's probably not a huge deal as long as you have a healthy attitude toward properly fueling your body and taking care of your health.

If you just want to get smaller though, you need to focus on the fitness side rather than the number on the scale.

No it's not underweight it's above 18.5 bmi it's 18.6 in bmi. I'm not underweight I've been to doctors. They say I'm a healthy adult weight.
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

See I'm not that skinny I was average before just more in the fit range.
    My goal is not to be skinny at all I've been 84 lbs before as a teen without trying my goal body shape would be kim kardashian but I have slim hips. I never gain fat on them so when I gain fat in other places they're less prominent. I wish I had a body shape like kim where you gain on the hips butt and boobs more so than just my main gains being my boobs butt and thighs. Any little difference in waist is then made more obvious.

Here are mine at 110 or around there my waist got a lot bigger 24.5-25" and bust was DD approaching F cup territory at my heaviest in the first photo. 110 just doesn't work well on my frame really. My hips stayed 33". My waist went down though not due to weight loss of 10 lbs but due to how I changed my diet that's when I noticed a difference without weight loss. I tried to go above 100 with this diet and still my waistline hanged without my hips changing.
    http://i62.tinypic.com/2lc4h82.jpg
    http://i58.tinypic.com/30cr3ol.jpg

This is me 10 lbs lighter.
    358nogi.jpg

10rmou1.jpg

2mo5r3r.jpg

I have a healthier whr now than I did then which was much closer to .8. Now my ratio is a bit below .7. My frame is small and most of my mother's family comfortably were at 18.5. I just have some of my dad's genes I guess I can gain 10 lbs and the like trying hard to gain but I am more comfortable at 100 lbs like that's my natural body weight.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    My current measurements are: 35, 24, 38.5.
    My goal measurements are: 34, 22, 36.

I'm also around 130 and 5'7" with a goal weight of 115ish. ????

Wow we have the same goal basically just in different spots lol.

I don't really want to gain or lose in a perfect world id be 105 with 36-22-34 dimensions.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Anyone else?

Also forgot to add my ideal goal would be a nice even perky sized 32DD with a 22" waist idk if that's too much to ask really I'm only close to that size when I'm on my period and my waist is usually 23" then due to bloating.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Did you not like the answers you got on the bodybuilding.com forums? Kimm's right, if you're only 20 years old you've probably still got a couple years of see-saw before your body starts consistently holding and losing fat in the same spots. And if you want to add curves now, try eating more and gaining muscle, especially your shoulders and legs, to give the appearance of a more dramatic hourglass.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    Did you not like the answers you got on the bodybuilding.com forums? Kimm's right, if you're only 20 years old you've probably still got a couple years of see-saw before your body starts consistently holding and losing fat in the same spots. And if you want to add curves now, try eating more and gaining muscle, especially your shoulders and legs, to give the appearance of a more dramatic hourglass.

I actually asked here first. Here but that has nothing to do with this question. I wanted to see what other women with hourglasses goals were and what their struggles were. Not why body shape has changed it's not apart of the topic.

I asked why my body changed here but this isn't the thread I'm asking about that.

I'm hoping I hold fat or my hips widen a bit with hormonal changes I'm actually looking up foods that may increase likelihood of gaining fat on my hips without any waist fat. Some of the stuff I already regularly eat so I know it wouldn't work though.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm actually looking up foods that may increase likelihood of gaining fat on my hips without any waist fat. Some of the stuff I already regularly eat so I know it wouldn't work though.

There are no foods that determine where you gain fat. Fat is fat is fat, and it'll settle wherever it wants to on your body. You don't get to choose where you gain it, just like you don't get to choose where you lose it, either. The only thing you do have control over is where you build muscle, which is why I suggested starting strength training.
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    I'm actually looking up foods that may increase likelihood of gaining fat on my hips without any waist fat. Some of the stuff I already regularly eat so I know it wouldn't work though.

There are no foods that determine where you gain fat. Fat is fat is fat, and it'll settle wherever it wants to on your body. You don't get to choose where you gain it, just like you don't get to choose where you lose it, either. The only thing you do have control over is where you build muscle, which is why I suggested starting strength training.

Supposedly food high in fat sugar animal products and fried food contribute to bigger hips but I've done this it just goes everywhere else but my hip bones and arms.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    current measurements

37 - 33 - 41 (yes I know, I'm big)

I have no specific number I want to reach, just go until I feel better in my clothes =)

and the whole thing about certain foods making you fat in different locations is a myth, animal products, sugar, trans fat, satu fats, carbs, protein, fiber...it goes everywhere (mine have all settled in my stomach area...boo!)

same thing with you can target lose, you cant target gain
  • Ideal362433
    Options
    current measurements

37 - 33 - 41 (yes I know, I'm big)

I have no specific number I want to reach, just go until I feel better in my clothes =)

and the whole thing about certain foods making you fat in different locations is a myth, animal products, sugar, trans fat, satu fats, carbs, protein, fiber...it goes everywhere (mine have all settled in my stomach area...boo!)

same thing with you can target lose, you cant target gain

Some things have made me lose in my waist without weight gain which made hips curvier.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    double post
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

I actually asked here first. Here but that has nothing to do with this question. I wanted to see what other women with hourglasses goals were and what their struggles were. Not why body shape has changed it's not apart of the topic.

I asked why my body changed here but this isn't the thread I'm asking about that.

I'm hoping I hold fat or my hips widen a bit with hormonal changes I'm actually looking up foods that may increase likelihood of gaining fat on my hips without any waist fat. Some of the stuff I already regularly eat so I know it wouldn't work though.

yep, this was pretty well covered in the BB.com forum...both in the thread you posted last year & in the one in the women's BB section just a couple of days ago. Pretty funny stuff.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163459171

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153435081&page=1

edited for clarity
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Supposedly food high in fat sugar animal products and fried food contribute to bigger hips but I've done this it just goes everywhere else but my hip bones and arms.

ummm, no.

OP hip wideness is going to be more a factor of your bones structure and no food, exercise or pill will cause your pelvic girdle to expand. you lose weight according to your body type and you gain weight according to your body type. for instance as an hourglass i lose first in my midsection which is also the last place i gain. i gain first in the boobs and thighs which are also the last places i lose.

anyway, i'm an hourglass and i dont have any struggles that's kind of the good thing about being an hourglass. i know you're only 20 but stop trying to create problems with your body or seeing problems with your body when there are none. get out, get some hobbies that arent so focused on what your hips look like :photography, reading, learning a sport, hiking, etc
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

yep, this was pretty well covered in the BB.com forum...both in the thread you posted last year & in the one in the women's BB section just a couple of days ago. Pretty funny stuff.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163459171

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153435081&page=1

edited for clarity

Yep. Read it!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Why not l love the body you have? One thing i learned is beauty is confidence not Kim K body lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!