Letting go of disordered eating habits & getting healthy

Options
Hi, I'm Emma. I'm new here. :)

Well, long story short, I have a long and illustrious history of extreme restriction, fasting (and then bingeing), and generally treating my body like ****. I've gotten a lot of support from my family and friends, and my mindset is much healthier now, but it's still a struggle for me.

Right now, I'm at a healthy weight, but I'm out of shape and can't jog for more than a few minutes without losing my breath. My goals are to become healthier, fitter, and more athletic. I'm not going to weigh myself or count calories - instead, I'm going to focus on building healthy habits, eating better, and becoming more in-tune with my body.

Anyway, if you have similar goals (or just happen to like Harry Potter and pointless rambling), shoot me a message! Maybe we can be fitness buddies. :)

Replies

• Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You are very similar to me! I am all about a healthy lifestyle now! I had some troubles with my eating, and body image in the past, but those are all behind me! It took a lot to change, but it was worth it! I became a vegan, and it changed my life!
  • XXXforeverXXXyoung
    XXXforeverXXXyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I've gone through the same thing too. Maybe we can be friends.
  • London6261
    London6261 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome.
    I'm a big fan of HP. I would like to gain weight but I'd settle for maintaining :-)
  • christsinstrument
    christsinstrument Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there! i have a similar history, so I totally understand. I'm at the 'trying to get healthy and fit' stage too, although with the last bout of bingeing I did gain a bit and am trying to bring it down 5 pounds. Anyway, feel free to add me! :)
  • eventer4ever
    Options
    @StillLosing26 - That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you. :) I'm actually a vegan, too!