What's your beauty/skincare routine?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Skincare: I don't have acne but I do have oily skin so I use Proactiv (3 step kit plus green tea moisturizer). I find it helps reduce the amount of oil my skin produces.

Makeup: I wear Bare Minerals powder foundation, Bare Minerals bronzer, a little eyeliner, Benefit They'e Real! mascara, and a little white glittery eyeshadow in the inside corners of my eyes. EOS for lip moisturizer.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Its not pretty, but it is how we roll....
    How To Shower Like a Man:
    Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile.
    Walk naked to the bathroom.
    If you see wife along the way, shake privates at her making the ‘woo-woo’ sound.
    Look at your manly physique in the mirror.
    Admire the size of your privates and scratch your butt.
    Get in the shower.
    Wash your face.
    Wash your armpits.
    Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off.
    Poot and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower.
    Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk.
    Rinse off and get out of shower.
    Partially dry off.
    Shave.
    Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time.
    Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on.
    Return to bedroom with towel around waist.
    If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake privates at her and make the ‘woo-woo’ sound again.
    Throw wet towel on bed

This is great. :laugh:
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair and body, Step from shower, brush my teeth. Apply deodorant. Run a brush thru the (receding) hair. 10-15 minutes tops.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not a make up person; I wear enough of it on stage. I do wash it, though, in the morning and before bed. And before I go to bed at night, I don't use a moisturizer. Instead, I use Desitin. Yes, that's correct, desitin, the diaper rash cream.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I pretty well only wash my face after a workout, or if I'm not showering that day. I rinse my face in the shower, then I use a moist face wipe thing to remove any mascara that's left. I moisturize every day, I have dry skin & it's very dry where I live. For makeup I use a bit of powder, some eye shadow as a liner & mascara.

Unless I'm wearing a full face of makeup (like after a special event) I don't even wash my face before bed. Yep, I'm that lazy.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Cetaphil gentle cleanser at night with the Olay exfoliating brush. Neutragena alcohol free toner.
    Cerave PM moisturizer in the morning under makeup. Tinted sunblock, eye shadow, eye liner, and mascara.
    I often get mistaken for being 10-15 years younger than I am. Not bragging, truly, it's just good genes, and I had nothing to do with that.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm so bad with beauty/skincare routines. Sometimes I wear makeup. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I wash my face. Sometimes I don't. One of my goals is to establish a good beauty/skincare routine and get in the habit of doing it everyday.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    wash my face twice a day & apply topicals from derm
    use a moisturizer face & neck
    eye cream & oils
    sunscreen on face, neck and any body parts that are showing always tops of hands
    apply makeup if wearing any
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I use Proactive. So I do that 2x a day( morning and night)

I put on a BB Cream on my face and I do my eye make up everyday.
  • mylovelylullaby
    Options
    I'm low maintenance too, but I've discovered the importance of taking care of your skin, I follow a 10-12 step Korean cleansing system, it's ridiculous, but totally worth it.

~WARNING LONG *kitten* POST AHEAD~

Step 1: Oil cleanse (Since my skin is oily, I use The Face Shop's Rice water, light cleansing oil, so it doesn't clog my pores)
    This helps break down and loosen makeup and other dirt on your face.

Other oils that I use:
    Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil

Step 2: Foaming cleanser, I use the Skin79 BB cleanser.
    This helps completely clean the face, foaming cleansers are gentler than other cleansers, they're very balanced.

Other face washes that I use:
    Tatcha rice enzyme powder (This stuff is THE BOMB DOT COM! But pricey)
    Face Shop's Aloe cleansing foam
    Shiseido Perfect whip foaming cleanser
    Bioderma
    Mizon Snail Repair Foaming cleansing

Step 3: Lotion/toner I use Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, Asian toners/lotions are moisturizing and gentle, they don't contain alcohol so it doesn't have that horrid burning effect.
    Restores moisture into your skin and repairs

Other toners/lotions that I use:
    Rose Thayer's Aloe and witch hazel toner
    Skinfood's French Apple Sparkling Toner
    Clinque's Mild Clarifying lotion
    Juju Cosmetics Aqua Moist Hyaluronic Acid Lotion
    Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner

Step 4: Serums, I use the Cosmedica pure hyaluronic serum.
    Serums are probably the most important part of this routine, they're heavily concentrated with minerals, acids, proteins and vitamins, very good for the skin and aides in the healing process and slows down the aging process.

Other serums I use:
    Mizon Hyaluronic Acid 100 30ml

Step 5: Emulsion I use the Missha Super Aqua Hydrating Emulsion
    Good to amplify the moisture, if your skin is super oily, this will be the last step you need, but mine's combination so I like to pile on the moisture.

Other emulsion's that I use:
    SKINFOOD Peach Sake Emulsion

Step 6: Eye care, I use the reviva under eye dark circle serum then use the Mizon snail repair firming eye cream over it.
    I don't think this needs an explanation.

Other eye creams that I use:
    Clinque's All about eyes cream
    Etude House Collagen Moistfull Firming Eye Cream
    Laneige Water Bank Eye Gel (Awesome, but again pricey)

Step 7: Face creams, I use the the face shop flax seed gel face cream, good for my skin type, not too heavy, not too light. They usually contain SPF so I don't have to worry about it.

Other face creams that I use:
    Laneige sleeping water pack
    Mizon Snail repair recovery gel
    Philosophy's Hope in a Jar
    Komenuka Bijin Deep Moisture Jell "Night" Cream
    Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture ALOE VERA gel

And in between that extremely long and tedious routine I add masks, exfoliaters and other goodies.

Cotton sheet masks, are cotton pieces, cut out to fit your face shape and are saturated in serums, they're awesome and you leave on for about 10-15 minute before peeling them off and patting the rest of the essence into your skin.

Charcoal masks take longer to dry but are good to pull out the impurities in your skin, they're amazing.

Other masks and peels that I use:
    Queen Helene Mint Julep mask
    The body shop tea tree face mask
    Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask
    skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (Like sheet mask, except for your eyes)
    Moritaya Tofu Yogurt Pack
    Wonder Pore White Clay Clear mask
    Borghese Fango Active Mud Face and Body
    Etude House Collagen Eye Patch
    Lactic Acid 50% Gel Peel - Enhanced with Kojic Acid & Bearber​ry Extract

Then there's exfoliaters, I do not use the harsh ones with beads in them, I use ones that are gel, powdery or creamy in consistency that GENTLY remove dead skin cells from the skin's surface; I use the CURE aqua gel, it's expensive as f@%k but it's a wonder product that's worth the price.

Other exfoliaters that I use:
    TONYMOLY Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling cream
    Missha Super Aqua peeling gel

My favorite way to cleanse and exfoliate at the same time is using my Clarisonic MIA, I don't use it daily, just three times per week. It's a great product but pricey.

Oh, you thought we were finished? HAHA, after I'm done with all that I set it all with a vitamin spray, then proceed to put on my make up.

I use the Body Shop vitamin E mist and others like, Skin Food Facial Water Vita-C, Mistian Facial Mist and the Mizon snail repair hydro face mist.

Now, onto my make up routine;
    I use a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer since I hate, hate, hate foundation with a fiery passion.
    Concealer (Nars Creamy concealer or MAC prolong wear)
    Set it with a light hand of lose powder (Ben Nye's banana powder) just over my t-zone, since I prefer a dewy glow.
    Mascara (Benefit's They're Real mascara, Two Faced better than Sex mascara)
    Eyeliner if I feel up to it (Urban Decay's 24 hour glide-on eyeliner, Bobbi Brown's Long wear gel eyeliner or Inglot's gel liner)
    Eyeshadow if I feel up to it (Naked ll palette or the Lorac Pro palette)
    Brow's (Anastasia brow wiz or dipbrow pomade)
    Highlighter (Two face candlelight, Mac Mineralize Skin finish, or Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick)
    Bronzer (Lorac, MAC, The Balm, Benefit's Hoola)
    Blush (Tarte's Amazonian clay blush, Nars Orgasm, Illamasqua Powder Blusher)
    And finish off with a tinted lip balm.

Now I don't always do the makeup portion, I normally just use BB cream, mascara, highlight, blush and lip balm.

Sorry this was so long, if you read this all you get a cyber cookie.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Uh... Shower, exfoliate in the shower. Hair, nails, lipstick and eyeliner.
    That sums it up.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm low maintenance too, but I've discovered the importance of taking care of your skin, I follow a 10-12 step Korean cleansing system, it's ridiculous, but totally worth it.

Step 1: Oil cleanse (Since my skin is oily, I use The Face Shop's Rice water, light cleansing oil, so it doesn't clog my pores)

Other oils that I use:

This helps completely clean the face, foaming cleansers are gentler than other cleansers, they're very balanced.

Bioderma

Step 3: Lotion/toner I use Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, Asian toners/lotions are moisturizing and gentle, they don't contain alcohol so it doesn't have that horrid burning effect.

Serums are probably the most important part of this routine, they're heavily concentrated with minerals, acids, proteins and vitamins, very good for the skin and aides in the healing process and slows down the aging process.

Other serums I use:

Good to amplify the moisture, if your skin is super oily, this will be the last step you need, but mine's combination so I like to pile on the moisture.

Step 6: Eye care, I use the reviva under eye dark circle serum then use the Mizon snail repair firming eye cream over it.

Step 7: Face creams, I use the the face shop flax seed gel face cream, good for my skin type, not too heavy, not too light. They usually contain SPF so I don't have to worry about it.

And in between that extremely long and tedious routine I add masks, exfoliaters and other goodies.

Cotton sheet masks, are cotton pieces, cut out to fit your face shape and are saturated in serums, they're awesome and you leave on for about 10-15 minute before peeling them off and patting the rest of the essence into your skin.

Charcoal masks take longer to dry but are good to pull out the impurities in your skin, they're amazing.

skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (Like sheet mask, except for your eyes)

Then there's exfoliaters, I do not use the harsh ones with beads in them, I use ones that are gel, powdery or creamy in consistency that GENTLY remove dead skin cells from the skin's surface; I use the CURE aqua gel, it's expensive as f@%k but it's a wonder product that's worth the price.

My favorite way to cleanse and exfoliate at the same time is using my Clarisonic MIA, I don't use it daily, just three times per week. It's a great product but pricey.

Oh, you thought we were finished? HAHA, after I'm done with all that I set it all with a vitamin spray, then proceed to put on my make up.

I use the Body Shop vitamin E mist and others like, Skin Food Facial Water Vita-C, Mistian Facial Mist and the Mizon snail repair hydro face mist.

I use a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer since I hate, hate, hate foundation with a fiery passion.
    Set it with a light hand of lose powder (Ben Nye's banana powder) just over my t-zone, since I prefer a dewy glow.
    Eyeliner if I feel up to it (Urban Decay's 24 hour glide-on eyeliner, Bobbi Brown's Long wear gel eyeliner or Inglot's gel liner)
    Highlighter (Two face candlelight, Mac Mineralize Skin finish, or Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick)

Now I don't always do the makeup portion, I normally just use BB cream, mascara, highlight, blush and lip balm.

Read it...just trying to imagine how much that would all cost, lol. I guarantee it's pretty close to a year of my rent.
  • mylovelylullaby
    Options
    Haha, most of the stuff here were from discounts, working as a sales associate and friends, I have friends in Korea who send me gifts and a family member who's a freelance professional makeup artists, she gets major discounts on higher end brands and gifts them to me and other's in my family.

So it wasn't that bad. Around 200$ at the end of it.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I'm a soap and water type of girl! :smile:

Have been using Irish Spring ALOE soap on my face for probably 15 years now. Wash every night and in morning usually with cool water only, (unless was a sweaty hot night), use St. Ives Apricot scrub 2-3X a week and Spf 50 sunscreen with vitamin E & Aloe every single day, alone or under foundation. No Suntans for me the sun hates me and my skin hates the sun! No premature aging for me!

That's it...short & simple no fancy, shmancy expensive products for this girl! blushing

Oh Yeah... forgot to mention pure vitamin E oil on eye lashes and on lips overnight about once a week. I think it keeps my lashes healthy & definitely softens my lips.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wash my face with Neutrogena grapefruit face wash.
    Biore astringent (sometimes)
    Fresh Black tea eye cream
    B.kamins blemish gel 5%
    Avene Cleanance lotion

A couple times a week I use gm collins intensive exfoliating gel (mask)

I use spf 30

I wear Fresh Sugar on my lips in Passion or Rose

I use aveeno baby lotion on my body
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Other oils that I use:

Bioderma

Other serums I use:

I read it all. No cookie necessary, it was it's own reward. I am a make up and skin care junkie and have sold a line for awhile but recently had to go cold turkey due to what seems like it might be a food allergy affecting my skin.

HOWEVER, your post was like crack to me and I had to go through and bold everything that I personally can "+1" to about your post. Every item of yours that I bolded is something I concur with that I've personally used and loved. You have many products that I've tried that were just not on my top ten list but still good and then a sh!tton that are new and exotic to me. Based on the sheer amount of good one's you listed I can tell you have a great taste in skin care and that your other choices must be reliable as well. So in addition to the bolded's being "plus oned" by me, I'm just gonna go ahead and plus one your whole post.:drinker:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Wash my face with Neutrogena grapefruit face wash.
    Biore astringent (sometimes)
    Fresh Black tea eye cream
    B.kamins blemish gel 5%
    Avene Cleanance lotion

A couple times a week I use gm collins intensive exfoliating gel (mask)

I use spf 30

I wear Fresh Sugar on my lips in Passion or Rose

I use aveeno baby lotion on my body

Your choices make me happy.:smooched:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm a soap and water type of girl! :smile:

Have been using Irish Spring ALOE soap on my face for probably 15 years now. Wash every night and in morning usually with cool water only, (unless was a sweaty hot night), use St. Ives Apricot scrub 2-3X a week and Spf 50 sunscreen with vitamin E & Aloe every single day, alone or under foundation. No Suntans for me the sun hates me and my skin hates the sun! No premature aging for me!

That's it...short & simple no fancy, shmancy expensive products for this girl! blushing

Oh Yeah... forgot to mention pure vitamin E oil on eye lashes and on lips overnight about once a week. I think it keeps my lashes healthy & definitely softens my lips.

I cry.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I use coconut oil or jaboba oil for eye make up remover- and moistuzer.
    I use baby wipes for an all over wipe down.
    I just wash with water in the sink/shower.

I rinse in the morning pre-make up.

I wear BB cream at the very least- or well down liquid foundation (or cream/mouse/gel)- no cake make up.
    I do tend to wear a LOT of eye make up.
    I wear full heavy contoured make up, heavy eye make up and false eye lashes frequently on the weekend for gigs- that's usually baby wipes and oil for two days straight to really get it that *kitten* off.

Otherwise- I own no face wash- no exfoliates or scrubs- and no specific masks or anything.

<inserteyetwitchgifhere>

It makes me worry I might not sleep worrying about you having to take two days and oil to your eyes to remove eye make up. I know make up remover is probably the LAST thing you want to have to do, but I fear I feel it's a must and is only my second most "necessary" recommended product next to sunscreen. Because of the eye's delicate tissue and also it's propensity to get messed up by oils (I've had an eye infection from tap water, oils are worse at causing styes) I feel like I want to recommend make up removing products to you. Hope you get that I'm not being critical, but helpful. OR at least that's my intent. :flowerforyou: :ohwell:

So here goes some off the top of my head (albeit with insomnia) top five list for make up removers:

1) Lush's Ultrabland Cleanser: Cleanses face but also effectively removes eye make up. Two steps in one!
    2) Estee Lauder's Take it away LOTION make up remover: Magic! Fast & light. (not the watery one the "lotion")
    3) Mary Kay Eye Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover: has a loyal following and is especially good on waterproof things since MK makes a bunch of those and means it.
    4) LANCÔME BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover: similar as above, sometimes free in free gifts!
    5) Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Liquid: cheap at the drug store and as effective as the prior two IMO.

Generally a good eye makeup/make up remover should be one that dissolves your eye make up when you press it on and wipe gently off, so that very little rubbing or tugging is necessary. They are formulated for the eye area so as not to clog the pores near your waterline of your eye so as not to cause infections and styes.

Coconut and jojoba oil are WONDERFUL in so many ways, just I would check with your eye doctor to see if they think it's a good use of them near your eyes. My optometrist who treated my stye was pretty bummed that I was using tap water which she deemed "dirty" to hydrate my scratchy eyes at night and was appalled that if I have all this arsenal of eye products why was I not using those? I replied "I'm sleepy when it happens"..."no excuse!" she said. LOL. Then she warned "just please just always make sure you are using products MEANT FOR THE EYE AREA near your eyes." so I promised, and that's when she explained the thing about oils being problematic.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    cleanser: L'Oreal Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser with Clarisonic skincare brush (smells really clean and bright and gets all the buildup off your skin w out drying it out.)

Moisturizer: Vichy Aqualia Thermal Riche cream (this stuff is very rich and smells divine, super european smelling, whatever that means. it reminds me of paris though.)

Face masks: I don't usually do these but they can be really nice. Boscia black mask is really fun, but I also like the glamglow mud treatment.

Foundation: Boscia BB Cream. This has nice moderate coverage but looks like your bare skin when applied and feels weightless.

Concealer: Estee Lauder double wear. This is the best I've ever found. Been it for 4 years, one tube lasts forever, I've only bought or 3.

Eyeliner: YSL gel eyeliner in dark green (it's like a brown green golden color, sounds strange but really brings out the color in your eyes and not too harsh like black and not too boring like brown)

Bronzer: NARS Orgasm

Mascara: Whatever, haven't found one I like still.

Lips: Citylips lip plumper (THIS IS THE BEST) + Dior addict lip gloss

Eyeshadow: I don't usually do eyeshadow but I on occasion put on something form the toofaced natural eyes palette.