Pizza Street Buffet

Options
I have to go to a Pizza Street Buffet this evening (child's team event). Does anybody know if their pizza is similar to any other restaurant/brand pizza that may have nutritional info available? Pizza Street does not list theirs so I need a comparable pizza style to plan my evening. Thank you!

Pizza Street seems to be a Missouri chain.

Replies

• terminalman
    terminalman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No idea about Pizza Street, but as you probably know most calories come from the cheese and the crust,
    not the toppings. The "lots of meat" pizzas are an exception, on those the calories are high from toppings too.

So when you have a choice, pick thin crust over regular, and avoid deep dish style. Deep dish is loaded with
    both cheese and crust. As for cheese pick a "margherita" if it's available (typically made with little/no cheese),
    or at least avoid cheese-only pizza, since pizza places tend to add more cheese to a cheese-only pizza.

Most toppings - other than "lots-o-meat" and sausage - are pretty low-cal compared to the cheese and crust.

My lunch pizza place has a salad bar so I have two big plates full of salad, and then 1 or two modest slices
    of pizza. Everyone else does the opposite :-) two plates full of pizza. But hey, they're not losing weight
    and I am!

Good luck frog -- hope you have fun tonight.
  • mschaal
    Options
    Don't know much about Pizza Street, but sounds similar to CiCi's. Maybe this is close

http://calorielab.com/restaurants/cicis/76
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have to go to a Pizza Street Buffet this evening (child's team event). Does anybody know if their pizza is similar to any other restaurant/brand pizza that may have nutritional info available? Pizza Street does not list theirs so I need a comparable pizza style to plan my evening. Thank you!

Pizza Street seems to be a Missouri chain.

Eat something like a apple before you go. Will help fill you up. Eat no more than 2 slices. Make sure you get a work out in. You wil be fine. Have fun!!!!
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I pulled up Pizza Street Buffet because most resturants have the nutritional value of all their foods on the web. But Pizza street does not. When you go in tonight why don't you take a note to leave for the manager about the importance for a lot of people is to make good pizza choices and they could help a lot by having a nutritional guide.
    But I do know that I have fallen in love with the Paul Newman frozen thin crust classic supreme pizza. I can eat 2 sllices for around 300 calories. So based on that probaly a thin crust with vegs. would be about the same. I pick off the beef and sausage, and only eat pepporini. Which is maybe 3 slices on 2 peices. So what I am saying is, go ahead and plan on 2 slices of veggie pizza, and eat lots of salad. Have fun with your kids, these days pass so quickly.