That was a BAD idea

Options
2»

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad we have all done it. now you know what NOT to get next time. i had this problem with pizza, my husband loves to order in. so i would have 3 pieces because that's what filled my belly. ouch it was 800 calories. so now that i know that i have 1 piece and make up a salad for myself.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've had a bad day like that... AND it was with a Sonic burger! LOL! But.. I think the higher calorie/fat that my body wasn't used to shook up my metabolism - and I LOST a pound when I weighed the next day!! I'm hoping the same happens to you! :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I love Sonic onion rings and grilled cheese sammiches!!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that if I splurge once in a while it actually helps me lose weight. I think a blast of calories every so often shocks your body and gets things moving again.

Actualy, you're spot on. The studies have shown that a cheat day or even just a meal every now and then gives the metablism a "shot in the arm" and gets it going again. It shouldn't be done more then once a week at the most, however.

Is this really true, I as a general rule do not eat fast food until I get sick of having sandwiches every day for lunch and just need something different, I guess I don't need to feel so bad when I feel the need for something 'different'.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I don't feel as bad about it now. I'll work out later, drink lots of water, and eat something healthier.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    My sister and I shared a dessert at Red Lobster b4. Chocolate chip cookie thing with ice cream & syrup and what all. When I looked it up on their website, it had over 1000 calories! :noway: YIKES!! She's trying to drop weight too, so we won't be doing that anytime soon.

Just looked it up: Warm Chocolate Chip Lava Cookie: calories: 1070 AVOID at all costs!! :ohwell:
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The good thing about Panera, though, is that all their calories for everything are listed on their menu board and if something isn't there I'll ask them to look up the nutritional information for me.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

Actualy, you're spot on. The studies have shown that a cheat day or even just a meal every now and then gives the metablism a "shot in the arm" and gets it going again. It shouldn't be done more then once a week at the most, however.

This is how i work, if I static i have a day of higher calories, kick starts my weight loss

Back to the OP. Its an ooooopsie moment. You wouldn't be human without them and like another poster said in the whole big picture is actually pretty small. You WILL learn from it so its served a purpose
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It happens that way sometimes. I have been having an emotional week, and my boyfriend decided on the spur of the moment to take me to an early lunch yesterday. I had a cranberry chicken salad, smaller sized, no blue cheese and dressing on the side. Between the restaurant website and MFP I figured it was about 450 cals. I would have been fine if I had stopped there..... but I had to have the banana bread! Well, the calorie count was less than the biscuits! And I know I would have slathered butter and honey on the biscuit. Sweet of my boyfriend to take me to lunch though! I ended up going for a walk so I could have dinner.
  • mamastuck
    Options
    I myself am cheating tonight its Friday My normally very ADHD kid has done so well in school that we are ordering from the pizzaria. lol I already logged it and its not even here. Then I will Walk away the lbs with Leslie Sansone